PDA

View Full Version : Ali Daei: the most stubborn mule ever. Why?

shawnagha
03-23-2009, 05:45 AM
This was an article in PFDC and I checked a few other sources and confirmed this is actually true:
PFDC - EUROPE, Iranian midfielder Andranik Teymourian returned straight back into Barnsley's starting lineup, after sitting out three games due to suspension.

The 26-year-old showed a pleasing performance as Barnsley outclassed Derby County in the League Championship, but only arrived back home with one point after wasting several good chances.

Teymourian, however, got injured and had to be subbed out nine minutes from time.

The injury of the Iranian international, who has not been invited for the national team matches against Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Senegal anyway, shouldn't be too serious though.

"Anderson got a bang on his knee; Andranik also had a whack on his knee and Rob Kozluk has blurred vision and concussion after running into Heinz Muller. They would all probably not play if we had a game on Tuesday so this little break will be good for us," coach Simon Davies told the club's official hompage after the game.

No Iranian action in Germany

Vahid Hashemian didn't even make Bochum's 18-men-squad on Friday, when his club defeated Moenchengladbach by a sole goal, courtesy of midfielder Grote.

Mehdi Mahdavikia's weekend wasn't much better, as the 31-year-old once again remained on the bench as Frankfurt managed to hold Leverkusen to a 1-1 draw.

Both players will now fly to Tehran to join the Iranian national team, but it is unclear if they will participate in the friendly match in Kuwait on Monday already.

Eighth goal for Zandi

Ferydoon Zandi scored from the penalty spot in Alki Larnaca's first post-season group game, which ended in a 1-1 draw against AEP.

The club is still fighting against relegation, standing on bottom of the group of four, five points behind ENP, who occupy the third place.

Only the bottom team of the group will be relegated, the points from the regular season were overtaken to the group stage.

Playmaker Zandi, who also assisted seven goals this season so far, now is Alki's topscorer with eight goals to his tally.

Like Teymourian, Zandi has not been invited to the national team for the upcoming matches by Team Melli boss Ali Daei.

My take:
We have guys like Zandi and Teymourian who are proving themselves as young players that they're very much team melli worthy, whereas we have hashemian and mahdavikia who are passed their peak in their careers and are not playing in their clubs and therefore have no evidence of their abilities. Yet they're invited to TM while neither teymourian or zandi are invited. I support Daei no matter what, because after all, he's the coach of TM, but I just do not understand his decision making of selecting players. Here's my question:
Is it just me, or is Ali Daei being an illogical idiot?

Hamid_Blue
03-23-2009, 09:15 AM
question:
Is it just me, or is Ali Daei being an illogical?

First of all, you can present your question in many different ways that are not offensive. Both title and your question is insulting to many fans.

I know in the Teymourian situation, he has not played well when in the TM line up. In addition, he asked himself to be left out of few invitations because he wanted to establish himself at his new club. Why then are you blaming Daei?

When Daei does not invite Kia, people complain. When he gets invited, people complain. Kia was not invited for few games and this is the first friendly game he has been called up. I like the decision and he should be given another chance to see if he is in better form. Last time he was invited, he was coming off a back injury.

Foosball_Champ
03-23-2009, 01:47 PM
First of all, you can present your question in many different ways that are not offensive. Both title and your question is insulting to many fans.

100 dar 100 baa in comment shomaa movAfegam. dorost mesleh beshin va betamarg hast.

It's finally time to bring the new talents and create a Unified National Team. Enough on these "European Stars" theory, give the young players the chance to shine too.

:iran1:

shawnagha
03-23-2009, 03:52 PM
sorry about the language. i am fraustrated nd i just would love to us go to the world cup

dashali
03-23-2009, 06:43 PM
neither andranik nor zandi has played much
also....can you really compare their clubs with BOCHUM and FRANKFURT :iran:

even watching their practice worth more than the teams zandi and teymoriyan playing my friend...

I love Teymorieyan and zandi both but they killed their carrers with team melli. Teymoriyan should have been back in Iran and played for a good club rather than sitting on the bench in England :devil: after 1 good year in Bolton, he has done nothing....even in the 2nd leage, he has been either injured or red carded....nothing...

Iranetehhhhhhhhhhh:daei2: