PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi soccer player gunned down at game

Ahmad18s
03-15-2009, 08:32 PM
An Iraqi soccer player was shot dead by a fan during the final moments of a match between local rivals Sinjar and Buhayra.

Police in the city of Hilla, which is located about 50 miles south of Baghdad, say they have arrested the suspected killer and are currently investigating the incident.

*This is a really sad and depressing story for a sports fan to read. These athletes go all out day-in, day-out, and a scum bag person has to take the life one DURING A GAME. Truely a sad story to hear.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9338984/Report:-Iraqi-soccer-player-gunned-down-at-game

Ahmad18s
03-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Here's BBC's story:

An Iraqi football player has been shot dead by a spectator as he was about to score an equalising goal.

The shooting happened in the last minute of a game between two local rivals on Sunday, police say.

The striker was shot in the head during the match in the city of Hilla, according to local security officials.

The game was being played between Sinjar and Buhayra. The suspected killer has been arrested as police carry out an investigation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7944919.stm

Sherwin
03-16-2009, 01:41 AM
Wow how sad what a trajedy. Some fans just take it way too far but this idiot is going to get his. Iraq has the death penalty I'm sure this is a hot story right now and the people would want a swift and just death. RIP to that player he didn't deserve to die like that I feel so bad for his mom and his family if he had one.

Ahmad18s
03-16-2009, 11:29 PM
*Another Iraqi soccer player was killed by a gunshot to the head, but it's being deemed as an "accidental" shooting. Two soccer players killed because of BS.

Once again, tragedy has struck Iraqi soccer.

During the celebrations, an off-duty policeman started firing his pistol in the air but lost control of it, the police said, according to the Times. A bullet struck the Sinjar goalie, an 18-year-old high school senior named Mohammed Amin, in the head, killing him instantly, the paper reported.

There was no indication of foul play; the policeman was himself a Sinjar fan. Sinjar had won the game 2-1.

The officer, Jawad Kadham, 28, has been charged with recklessly discharging an official weapon and with negligent homicide, according to the report. He remains in custody.

The family of the goalie is demanding so-called blood money from the policeman, the police said, according to the report.

Word of the incident comes two days after an Iraqi soccer player was shot dead by a fan just as he was about to kick what could have been the tying goal. It appears the two shootings occurred on the same day.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/9343812/Report:-Iraqi-soccer-goalie,-18,-shot-to-death

Sherwin
03-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Jesus H Christ man I would not want to play in the Iraqi league at all poor guys this is really sad news they need to do something to upgrade security.

footballdxb
03-17-2009, 02:54 AM
It is simply shocking how things are going completely wrong in Iraqi football. It is supposed to be a source of joy and entertainment for Iraqi people who I am sure are passionate football fans.

I don't know how a player could play on adversary's ground again when such incidents could happen again and again... Here we have a real reason for suspending the league and to take extreme security measures before re-starting the league.

highflyerreborn
03-17-2009, 09:29 AM
HAHAAHA that I way to stop a FW from scoring ...

Commentator:

Scoles, to Roony

Roony ... gives a short one to Taves the little red devil as he is known in

Argentina .... Taves dribble , gets around one player lobs it over , Matarazzi

Cristiano Ronaldo is rushing in chased by Santon - Cristiano Ronaldo has a

stright shot at goal only goal keeper to beat ....

BOOM .... whats this Its Mourinho .... he has just shot Cristiano Ronaldo - and the goal has been saved -

Hamid_Blue
03-17-2009, 01:30 PM
What a sad state of affairs in Iraq? The issue is that so many people have guns in a country where law enforcement is yet to catch up. It's going to take a long time before Iraq becomes normal and their soccer can prosper.

Ahmad18s
03-17-2009, 05:12 PM
HAHAAHA that I way to stop a FW from scoring ...
Commentator:

Scoles, to Roony

Roony ... gives a short one to Taves the little red devil as he is known in

Argentina .... Taves dribble , gets around one player lobs it over , Matarazzi

Cristiano Ronaldo is rushing in chased by Santon - Cristiano Ronaldo has a

stright shot at goal only goal keeper to beat ....

BOOM .... whats this Its Mourinho .... he has just shot Cristiano Ronaldo - and the goal has been saved -

Dude, this $hit isn't funny. Of all people, I thought you would be more mournful since you still play football. :down:

Sherwin
03-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Dude, this $hit isn't funny. Of all people, I thought you would be more mournful since you still play football. :down:

Seriously that was not funny at all and it was in bad taste HF jan come on bro two soccer players are dead and you are cracking jokes?

Bad form man.

highflyerreborn
03-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Well nothing will change untill guns are taken form public - as long as there are guns ppl will keep firing it to show off and accidents will happen - :rolleyes:

Some idiot with a gun - at soccer game - :cool:

I lost a player this sunday , fractured leg - in game no call by referee nothing compared to gun shot but yea it is scary - but reality is my comment would not make a change in Iraq - they will keep shoting each other like they do in columbia or mafia land -

GUNS = problems -

Iraqi's invited this mess on themselves if they had defended their nation they would have freedom they are just slaves now slaves have no rights

When I first read it I was shocked - and did not belive it I still don't belive it could happen in game - but then again its Iraq

Sherwin
03-20-2009, 01:01 AM
Well nothing will change untill guns are taken form public - as long as there are guns ppl will keep firing it to show off and accidents will happen - :rolleyes:

Some idiot with a gun - at soccer game - :cool:

I lost a player this sunday , fractured leg - in game no call by referee nothing compared to gun shot but yea it is scary - but reality is my comment would not make a change in Iraq - they will keep shoting each other like they do in columbia or mafia land -

GUNS = problems -

Iraqi's invited this mess on themselves if they had defended their nation they would have freedom they are just slaves now slaves have no rights

When I first read it I was shocked - and did not belive it I still don't belive it could happen in game - but then again its Iraq

Well I agree with your first point well I'm against firearms and hope that one day in the US it will be illegal to own one, and I am sorry to hear what happened to your player. On the other part well dude why are we mixing sports with politics? This is about a crazy idiot fan, two of them, who shot two dudes. One was on accident and one was done on purpose. I don't see how politics really plays with this topic dude.

highflyerreborn
03-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Well I agree with your first point well I'm against firearms and hope that one day in the US it will be illegal to own one, and I am sorry to hear what happened to your player. On the other part well dude why are we mixing sports with politics? This is about a crazy idiot fan, two of them, who shot two dudes. One was on accident and one was done on purpose. I don't see how politics really plays with this topic dude.

The question is how can someone reach a soccer field with a loaded gun ???
That is not normal - and look at the lawlessness ?? Anyone can walk in with a gun .. to a game - :wall: IT is sick - hey I tried to look at the lighter side but it is pretty sick -

One corner of world you have EPL - with the money, the flashy cars and on other side you have fans with loaded gun ? Its just amazing I am even forgeting that Iraq once had a soccer nation may be that country will never recover -

I don't blame the Iraqi team for not coming back to Iraq to celebrate the Asian cup win (Which they did win by cheating)

Dr_Buffalo
03-21-2009, 10:33 AM
This is a real sad situation, and people in Iraq need to realize that a foreign government will never look out for their best interest.

Ahmad18s
03-21-2009, 04:50 PM
This is a real sad situation, and people in Iraq need to realize that a foreign government will never look out for their best interest.

Really sad situation. Nice to see you around bro. Hope school and everything is going well for you.