PDA

View Full Version : eses vs ettihad results

damavand
03-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Ettihad 2-1 eses

I cannot believe esteghlal lost this game. Borhani put them up around 80th minute with a FANTASTIC header.

but minutes later ettihad tied it and in the last seconds, they scored the winner from 30 meters out with an unbelievable shot.

very very disappointing that ESES couldn't hold on to the lead. story of our football.

Shemruni
03-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Disappointing, yes. But they were playing away from home, against arguably the strongest opponent in the group. Next week in Tehran they must recover.

Hamid_Blue
03-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Disappointing, yes. But they were playing away from home, against arguably the strongest opponent in the group. Next week in Tehran they must recover.

You are correct.

The strongest opponent so far for any of our 4 clubs involved was Al-Ahli against Saba Batry. Congrats to Saba for playing @ Ahli and coming back with a point.

It's interesting that among ALL 4 Iran's club, EsEs is the one that had to play the crappiest and lose. If we had lost and played great, I would agree with you. But EsEs was lucky not to lose by a very large margin today. Borhani scored against the flow of the game.

This game falls squarely on the shoulders of GN.

saravireeka
03-11-2009, 04:22 PM
This results made me sick, I was so happy they are kicking At Ittahad's ***. With all do respect to Ese fans, GN screwed up, he should not removed the Jabbari and Akbarpour, their expreince would help them, specially Jabbari which he showed lately after Ese scores, he take over the mid field.
Hopefully they recover next week.

Sherwin
03-11-2009, 04:30 PM

Away goals are still counted as 2 points right? Too bad I missed the game and I think that Esteghlal will win in Tehran. By the way Damavand it's Al Itihad not etihad and I was there in Azadi stadium in the ACL game back in 2001 when Ali Nikbaht Vahedi scored the winning goal Esteghlal 2 Al Itihad 1.:cooldude:

damavand
03-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Away goals are still counted as 2 points right? :

away goals only count after the group play where it is a single elimination. in the group play, it's the number of points.

Sherwin
03-11-2009, 04:58 PM
away goals only count after the group play where it is a single elimination. in the group play, it's the number of points.

Dam well thank's for the info. I think we should be able to handle Al Itihad in our own home, although you are right they are one of the best clubs in not only KSA but all of Asia. Basically Al Itihad has something we don't lots and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$.

Hamid_Blue
03-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Dam well thank's for the info. I think we should be able to handle Al Itihad in our own home, although you are right they are one of the best clubs in not only KSA but all of Asia. Basically Al Itihad has something we don't lots and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$.

We are lucky we don't play Al-Ahli (Saba Batry's opponent today). They have spent lots of $$$$ and I would venture to guess that they have spent more than the entire EsEs budget on their midfield alone. On offense, they paid something like 5 million saudi riyals to get Gahtani alone.

Keano
03-11-2009, 05:21 PM
You are correct.

The strongest opponent so far for any of our 4 clubs involved was Al-Ahli against Saba Batry.

It was actually Al Hilal of KSA.

I was completely disappointed with Esteghlal's performance, they just were too defensive and looked way too intimidated by their opponent, honestly I had much hope for Esteghlal and considered them to be the strongest team of all 4 teams of IPL representing Iran in ACL, they proved me wrong. Their passing were pretty much all erroneous, most players underperformed and blundered some great opportunities.

Al Ittihad on the other hand was the much better side, however unlucky and mainly crappy on their finishing. I still don't understand why an ineffective Majidi would play throughout the game while play makers such as Jabbari and Janvario should be subbed out!

QN IMHO should be mainly blamed for this match, basically any coach who deploys his men with solely a draw intention and resorts to a boring and unattractive defensive style of football might as well expect and in fact deserve a pathetic loss in the dying minutes of an important match. He has repeatedly proven not to be the right coach for international level events, I don't know, this could be due to the fact that he is afraid of losing way too much, or... Even in TM he always proved to be so fond of defensive-minded style of playing.

All in all we're all upset over this loss, especially considering that we our only loss so far has come from the most worthy team of ours in this year's ACL.

Bottom line, Al Ittihad won fair and square and we're lucky they couldn't win with a much larger margin!

Hamid_Blue
03-11-2009, 05:31 PM
It was actually Al Hilal of KSA.

Bottom line, Al Hilal won fair and square and we're lucky they won couldn't win with a much larger margin!

You are right but for some reason my mind was a little bit on the EsEs game today. On the same token, you are talking about Al-Ittihad or did I lose my mind?

Keano
03-11-2009, 05:36 PM
LOL, sorry I am getting a little confused and lost between all these Al this Al that teams! :D

I surely meant to say Ali Ittihad. :iran2:

Sherwin
03-11-2009, 05:37 PM
We are lucky we don't play Al-Ahli (Saba Batry's opponent today). They have spent lots of $$$$ and I would venture to guess that they have spent more than the entire EsEs budget on their midfield alone. On offense, they paid something like 5 million saudi riyals to get Gahtani alone.

Dam! What is the US equivilient of 5 million saudi riyals like $1,000,000 US? Basically that's what it is teams like Al Hilal, Al Itihad or Japanese clubs just have the scratch to spend money on good quality players. It's kind of the European equivilien when some team from say Romania ends up playing against Man U but just on a higher pay scale. Same conept though and same disadvantages.

yavar
03-11-2009, 09:08 PM
taking Jabbari and Fabio and akbarpour out,
who was suppose to keep the ball and control a little
very bad subs by GN,, unless players asked to be subed, which i doubt from the reaction of Jabbari
this one was on GN