PDA

View Full Version : Lets make a petition to bring Back Mehdi to the National Team!

perosee726
03-10-2009, 02:06 AM
Lets make a petition to bring Back Mehdi to the National Team! I think he deserves it. He has more European experience than any player in the history of Iranian national team. At age 31, he can help the national team with his experience and can at least play one more world cup may be even two more...

PersianPlaya408
03-10-2009, 02:54 AM
i think they are gona invite him... no need for petitions

perosee726
03-10-2009, 04:11 AM
They didn't invite him for the South Korea game though...

Foosball_Champ
03-10-2009, 01:58 PM
I know Akbar but who's Mehdi? :)

You got my vote:

X__Foosball_Champ_______

perosee726
03-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Mehdi Madavikia
Iran's all time best and most loved player.

arvand
03-12-2009, 10:55 AM
he is already invited for the Kenya game

highflyerreborn
03-13-2009, 08:18 AM
I keep telling people

IF IT AIN'T BROKEN DON'T FIX IT !!!:wall:

saravireeka
03-13-2009, 10:00 AM
Lets make a petition to bring Back Mehdi to the National Team! I think he deserves it. He has more European experience than any player in the history of Iranian national team. At age 31, he can help the national team with his experience and can at least play one more world cup may be even two more...

Why? what has he done last year & half beside sitting on the bench.

Sherwin
03-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Why? what has he done last year & half beside sitting on the bench.

He's still better than probably 1/2 of the players we currently have on the team bro. Comming off the bench he could be a valuable asset plus Madavakia will instantly bring in some veteran leadership. If tools like Khatibi and Enyati can have a chance why not a professional leader like Mehdi Madavakia?

saravireeka
03-13-2009, 04:44 PM
He's still better than probably 1/2 of the players we currently have on the team bro. Comming off the bench he could be a valuable asset plus Madavakia will instantly bring in some veteran leadership. If tools like Khatibi and Enyati can have a chance why not a professional leader like Mehdi Madavakia?

He is not Khatibi or Enayati. He is Kia, one of the solid player we had last 10 years but he is not good enough playing for his team right now, that is why he is not getting invited. We have many good players in his position. You metion an interesting points, "coming off the bench", if that is the case I am for it and he will be very good asset to the TM but you know he is not bench player. One thing this team don't have is hashieh, we have a player like Bagheri who undrestand he is not fit for this time and ask for not to be invite. If Kia is that kind of player, I am with you 100%. He can give TM solid 45 minutes and as well as leadership.

Sherwin
03-13-2009, 05:08 PM
He is not Khatibi or Enayati. He is Kia, one of the solid player we had last 10 years but he is not good enough playing for his team right now, that is why he is not getting invited. We have many good players in his position. You metion an interesting points, "coming off the bench", if that is the case I am for it and he will be very good asset to the TM but you know he is not bench player. One thing this team don't have is hashieh, we have a player like Bagheri who undrestand he is not fit for this time and ask for not to be invite. If Kia is that kind of player, I am with you 100%. He can give TM solid 45 minutes and as well as leadership.

Good point that was basically what I was trying to say. Kia can still be very valuable coming off of the bench in the 2nd half. Personally I think Kia is a pro's pro meaning he won't pout or whine if Daei asks him to come off the bench. Also let's not forget sitting on the bench for a German Bundesliga club(Forget which one they are so dam hard to pronounce):p is > being the star for Perspolis or Esteghlal. :up:

I personally really respect guys like Bagheri the guy put the team's interest over his own. Talk about the ultimate unselfish player that is very rare these days. Most players want to hang on to their glory and position as long as they can, even if they know there is a better player sitting on the bench. Bagheri is clearly not that guy and I will forever be grateful to him for making this tough decision. I'm sure it was not easy for him to say good bye to TM again.

I think Daei should use Kia at the start of the 2nd half. He could come off the bench with fresh legs and contribute more in 45 minutes than most players can in a full 90 min. This will also allow him to run 100% the entire time, rather than conserving his energy. The 2nd half is when you need veteran leadership and Kia instantly brings that. Imagine for a second we are down 2-1 and we sub in Kia. He creates an assist or a goal and we are now tied. That is how he can instantly impact the team coming off the bench. I'm with you though I don't think Kia should start and play the full 90 min, but coming off the bench he can be such a valuable asset. That's why in even American sports teams pay a premium in American football, basketball, and baseball players for veterans, especially if you have a young team. One or two veteran guys who have been there before can calm down the younger players, and show them what it takes to be a professional.:up:

Sherwin
03-13-2009, 05:11 PM

Good point that was basically what I was trying to say. Kia can still be very valuable coming off of the bench in the 2nd half. Personally I think Kia is a pro's pro meaning he won't pout or whine if Daei asks him to come off the bench. Also let's not forget sitting on the bench for a German Bundesliga club(Forget which one they are so dam hard to pronounce):p is > being the star for Perspolis or Esteghlal. :up:

I personally really respect guys like Bagheri the guy put the team's interest over his own. Talk about the ultimate unselfish player that is very rare these days. Most players want to hang on to their glory and position as long as they can, even if they know there is a better player sitting on the bench. Bagheri is clearly not that guy and I will forever be grateful to him for making this tough decision. I'm sure it was not easy for him to say good bye to TM again.

I think Daei should use Kia at the start of the 2nd half. He could come off the bench with fresh legs and contribute more in 45 minutes than most players can in a full 90 min. This will also allow him to run 100% the entire time, rather than conserving his energy. The 2nd half is when you need veteran leadership and Kia instantly brings that. Imagine for a second we are down 2-1 and we sub in Kia. He creates an assist or a goal and we are now tied. That is how he can instantly impact the team coming off the bench.

I'm with you though I don't think Kia should start and play the full 90 min, but coming off the bench he can be such a valuable asset. That's why in even American sports teams pay a premium in American football, basketball, and baseball players for veterans, especially if you have a young team. One or two veteran guys who have been there before can calm down the younger players, and show them what it takes to be a professional.:up:

KABABEE
03-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Kia is still great as far as our choices for TM, but he has to be placed in the correct position. He is not effective at midfield and we have enough talent there anyway. Kia would be very very very effective and would boost our defense if he was put at right defense and replace Kaabi.

I know for some reason everyone like Kaabi, like he is the golden child or something, but he has not been able to hold the right side of our defense. He is a great player and work s harder than anyone in the team, but he is just not made for defense. He is too small. We would benifit more from him, playing else where.

Kia played right defense is Germany most of the time anyway. He would take control of our back line and would be a leader and he is much more physical than Kaabi.

Just my opinion, please don't kill me.

Sherwin
03-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Kia is still great as far as our choices for TM, but he has to be placed in the correct position. He is not effective at midfield and we have enough talent there anyway. Kia would be very very very effective and would boost our defense if he was put at right defense and replace Kaabi.

I know for some reason everyone like Kaabi, like he is the golden child or something, but he has not been able to hold the right side of our defense. He is a great player and work s harder than anyone in the team, but he is just not made for defense. He is too small. We would benifit more from him, playing else where.

Kia played right defense is Germany most of the time anyway. He would take control of our back line and would be a leader and he is much more physical than Kaabi.

Just my opinion, please don't kill me.
100% agreed I like Kabaee but often times the opposing teams attack on his side because of his height. Let's call it the way it is the dude has speed but he's short and a liability on defense. We would be much better in defense with Kia on the right defense. He could kind of be like a Roberto Carlos who can go from the right defense and create goals or score.