PDA

View Full Version : Kenya B Irans next opponent

Shirazi
03-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Iran to play friendly against Kenya
From PressTV

http://www.presstv.com/photo/20090306/fazeli20090306114656453.jpg
The Iranian national soccer team is scheduled to play a friendly match against Kenya at Tehran's Azadi Stadium on Saturday March 14.

The 30-member Kenyan squad, coached by Antoine Hey, will arrive in the Iranian capital Tehran two days before the game.

Kenya's foreign-based players will not accompany their country's team in the friendly against Iran.

Kenya is competing with Nigeria, Tunisia and Mozambique in Group B of the final 2010 World Cup qualifying rounds.

Ali Daei's men are slated to play three friendlies to round out their performance in the World Cup qualifier against Saudi Arabia in Tehran on March 28.

According to Mehdi Taj, deputy head of Iran's Football Federation (IFF), the Iranian outfit will also play against Qatar in Tehran on March 13 and will visit Kuwait on March 23.

Iran in Group B of the event, competing against Saudi Arabia, North Korea, the UAE and South Korea.

South Korea leads the group with eight points, while North Korea sits second with seven points. Iran is placed third with six points, two points clear of Saudi Arabia. The UAE is at the bottom with just one point.

HRF/JG

Sayyid
03-06-2009, 10:15 PM
The Qatar match might be the best one..lets stay positive, we now have Sir Ali Karimi back...i guess once we beat the crap out of the Saudis we might earn our respect back and get better teams to come and play with team melli:cooldude:

Sherwin
03-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Just to say eff you to them Iran should send in their C team if the bastards won't grace us with ther A team we do them one up and send in our C team. I don't care if it's guys on the u 23 team and our reserves.:beer:

footballdxb
03-07-2009, 05:40 AM
I think the most important matter in such matches is to get our team to focus on this match as if it was a crucial match. Delivering a good result and a beautiful football regardless the quality of our opponents is something we need to work on.

Go Iran

yavar
03-07-2009, 04:31 PM
If we end up in the third place in our group ( that is we must beat saudi ) we may have to face Bahrain or Qhatar.
If it comes to that,, I rather we play Bahrain and eleminte them ourselves to make up for 2002. Who knows,,
We are used to AGAR,,, AMMA ( if and but ) by now and wait til the 90 + min.

Good Luck to IRAN anyway

Sherwin
03-07-2009, 05:10 PM
I think the most important matter in such matches is to get our team to focus on this match as if it was a crucial match. Delivering a good result and a beautiful football regardless the quality of our opponents is something we need to work on.

Go Iran

Yes this is true in theory but the real question is how do you think Iran will treat a game agains Kenya's B team? Does Keaya's B team even have shoes to play football? Seriously playing agains Kenya's B team is like playing against Latvia.