PDA

View Full Version : Zico now here is a great debate

highflyerreborn
02-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Some brazilians seem to think Zico is the greatest player of them all I don't know what kind of crack they are on?

Normally that phrase has been used to describe my comments but in case of brazil it must be coconut crack they are on , because - they really think Zico
is best player there ever way

Before we start here is Zico no doubt a wonderful player with best kicks in world but is he the best ????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARpEnjZIWko

My thought

1) Zidane/Maradona/Pele (LEGEND GOD)
2) Platini/Croyef/Zico/Batistuta/ Gullet (God)
3) Kaiser/Baggio/Romario/Vanbaste n/ R.Carlose/Cafu/Thuram/Viera (GREAT)
4) Buffon/Kahn/Smicheal (WOW)

I will admit he was a TREMENDOUS player of his generation - but he did not reach his full potential by winning world cup

But wow did be made love to that ball in free kicks - I just watched this video and it really showcases his POWERS as a finisher !!! He does makes Van Nestroy look like a silly striker

Sherwin
02-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Some brazilians seem to think Zico is the greatest player of them all I don't know what kind of crack they are on?

Normally that phrase has been used to describe my comments but in case of brazil it must be coconut crack they are on , because - they really think Zico
is best player there ever way

Before we start here is Zico no doubt a wonderful player with best kicks in world but is he the best ????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARpEnjZIWko

My thought

1) Zidane/Maradona/Pele (LEGEND GOD)
2) Platini/Croyef/Zico/Batistuta/ Gullet (God)
3) Kaiser/Baggio/Romario/Vanbaste n/ R.Carlose/Cafu/Thuram/Viera (GREAT)
4) Buffon/Kahn/Smicheal (WOW)

I will admit he was a TREMENDOUS player of his generation - but he did not reach his full potential by winning world cup

But wow did be made love to that ball in free kicks - I just watched this video and it really showcases his POWERS as a finisher !!! He does makes Van Nestroy look like a silly striker

nice list and I happen to agree Zico certainly was fantastic but for me the big 3 are Zidane Maradona Batistuta and Zico.

Oh I would add Michael Owen to the 3rd group there when he was in this prime the kid could fly.

highflyerreborn
02-23-2009, 03:36 AM
zico's free kicks were beauti the keepers did not moves in his kicks man he did it so many time so it was not fluke

Owen was over rated, I think Joe cole is a better english player overall

For me all Time england team and players

#1 FW Alen Sherer
#2 FW Garry Liniker

#3 MF Joe Cole
#4 MF Schloes
#5 Paul Ince
#6 GAZA

#7 Tony Adams (DF)
#8 Ferdinand (DF)
#9 Right Philips (DF/MF)
#10 Beckhem (DF/MF)