PDA

View Full Version : Eduardo is back!

footballdxb
02-17-2009, 08:28 AM
from goal.com:

17/02/2009 10:46

Arsene Wenger Delighted Following Eduardo’s Successful Arsenal Comeback

Arsene Wenger has hailed Eduardo as mountain-like following his comeback double against Cardiff City on Monday evening...

Eduardo da Silva scored a brace on his return to the Arsenal starting line-up, helping to put Cardiff City to the sword and ease the Gunners through to the fifth round of the FA Cup.

The Brazilian-born Croatian has been out since February 2008, when he suffered a broken leg and dislocated ankle during the north London side's fateful trip to Birmingham City.

Some feared that he wouldn't play again and others, including boss Arsene Wenger, feared that he wouldn't be the same player if he did return due to psychological factors.

However, the initial signs are very good. Following his goals, a deafening cheer went up around the Emirates Stadium; no-one would grudge the striker his health or his second chance.

The 25-year-old told The Sun after the game, "This was the best night of my life. It proved I could play again at the very highest level.

"It was a really special moment when I scored the first goal. Yes, I had tears in my eyes because I felt very emotional.

"I celebrated by kissing my wedding ring because my wife, Andreja, my young daughter, Lorena, and the rest of my family have supported me all the way through this."

Mountain

Gaffer Wenger is delighted, of course, and hailed the work of the club's fitness coaches, Tony Colbert in particular.

"I think Tony has spent more time with him than his wife," Wenger smiled. "He deserved the kind of hug Eduardo gave him [when he scored], and the physios as well. The doctors have done a tremendous job.

"I've been in the job for a long time and seen a few players not come back from similar injuries. I had a little bit more scepticism than [Eduardo] had.

"This guy is small, but he has the mental strength of a mountain."

Despite the signing of Andrei Arshavin, Eduardo is expected to play a full part in the run-in. However, he came off against Cardiff with a slight hamstring strain and will hope to shake it off quickly.

unquoted: youhouuuuu....:Party:

Ahmad18s
02-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Isn't this the same player the Sherwin has beeen sporting as his avatar since his horrific injury? I guess Sherwin put out good vibes in his quick return.:beer: