PDA

View Full Version : The Fall of Saudi?

Choi, Kyu Don
02-15-2009, 03:27 AM
Hi.

KSA does not seem to go to World Cup. How can it be possible that KSA is defeated by N. Korea? Really funny.

Well...South Korea and Iran are thought to go to South Africa just as expected. It is not surprising, because South Korea and Iran have been powerhouses of asia.

By the way, if both Koreas get the tickets, we can imagine the possibility that they create a unified squad for the tournament. In that case, KSA can very luckily get a ticket to play-offs with the 3rd of the other group.

Fahd
02-15-2009, 07:16 AM
Hi.

KSA does not seem to go to World Cup. How can it be possible that KSA is defeated by N. Korea? Really funny.

Well...South Korea and Iran are thought to go to South Africa just as expected. It is not surprising, because South Korea and Iran have been powerhouses of asia.

By the way, if both Koreas get the tickets, we can imagine the possibility that they create a unified squad for the tournament. In that case, KSA can very luckily get a ticket to play-offs with the 3rd of the other group.

This is yet just another example why people shouldnt smoke too much drugs.

makaveli
02-15-2009, 07:21 AM
Hi.

I was with you until the last sentence. That's where you stopped making sense.

highflyerreborn
02-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Well Saudi team is not out yet traditionally they have been known to BITE BACK big time after a coach change -

In this case their coach Nasir Al Johar was horrible choice to lead the team

They had a very good team in Asian cup and they tinkered with it -
and fired their coach Angos -

This Year

Greatest chance to qualify is for Australia /Bahrain
South Korea/ Iran

Playoff game Japan vs Saudia

Ahmad18s
02-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Well Saudi team is not out yet traditionally they have been known to BITE BACK big time after a coach change -

In this case their coach Nasir Al Johar was horrible choice to lead the team

They had a very good team in Asian cup and they tinkered with it -
and fired their coach Angos -

This Year

Greatest chance to qualify is for Australia /Bahrain
South Korea/ Iran

Playoff game Japan vs Saudia

You have to switch Bahrain with Japan because I don't see Japan NOT getting one of the two spots. Besides the facts that Japan is four points ahead of Bahrain and have scored three more goals after four matches, Japan beat Bahrain in Bahrain, with the second leg to be played in Japan next month. So, I don't think Bahrain is in any way of being a favorite to snatch up one of the two spots over Japan.

Fahd
02-16-2009, 02:22 AM
Bahrain wont even get a playoff spot.

Ahmad18s
02-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Bahrain wont even get a playoff spot.

That would be nice to see, and not far-fetched either because Qatar can snatch up the third slot, as they're tied for points with Bahrain and the midway point of the WCQ's. The Uzbeks can wake up and beat Bahrain as well.

Sherwin
02-16-2009, 05:46 PM
HF jan traditionally the Saudis always try this move and it usually works, but not this time. It's not just Iran and South Korea who are better than Saudia Arabia, North Korea is better as well. This time it won't work and I don't see KSA making a big comeback it's just not going to hapen. Iran and South Korea willg get the automatic births and North Korea will be in the playoff game.

Sherwin
02-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Hi.

Hi Choi I am not an expert on KSA football but I'll giveyou my take on it. KSA palyers are content with playing in Saudi league because they get paid good money. Therefore you won't see too many Arabs play in Europe as you do with Iranians and South Koreans. In fact I don't think a single player on that team plays in Europe.

Second of all every world cup it's the same thing Saudia Arabia starts off terrible, they fire their coach, and tehy make it anyways to the WC. NOT THIS TIME though as North Korea in my book is a nucnh better team and they will be the 3rd place team in my book.

It's safe to say that Saudia Arabia is no longer an Asian powerhouse, heck you constantly see KSA lose to 2nd and 34d tear Arab teams in competiions constantly. As much as I hate them I would rank Bahrain ahead of Saudia Arabia just look they were able to defeat Japan 1-0.

Good luck to South Korea I hope to see Iran and South Korea qualify out of that group. I like the way South Korea plays they aer a physical team like Iran but they historically have not been a dirty team like Iran. KSA on teh otehr hand historically has been a dirty team. I'm also not a big fan of UAE or North Korea either not that I have anything agaisnt them but I don't have an interest in those teams.

Fahd
02-16-2009, 11:30 PM
That would be nice to see, and not far-fetched either because Qatar can snatch up the third slot, as they're tied for points with Bahrain and the midway point of the WCQ's. The Uzbeks can wake up and beat Bahrain as well.

Bahrain have Australia and Japan to play away from home and i think they will be a definate losses for them. Qatar are more than capable of getting a point against Australia who they play at home which is an advantage for them albeit a small one. Uzbekistan also get to play Japan in the second leg at home which could equal a point or maybe 3. This is why Bahrain i feel wont get the playoff place because they will lose one of their 2 other games either against Qatar or Uzbekistan aswell and it wont be enough.

Fahd
02-16-2009, 11:33 PM
HF jan traditionally the Saudis always try this move and it usually works, but not this time. It's not just Iran and South Korea who are better than Saudia Arabia, North Korea is better as well. This time it won't work and I don't see KSA making a big comeback it's just not going to hapen. Iran and South Korea willg get the automatic births and North Korea will be in the playoff game.

I think North Korea will stumble as the other teams get desperate. If we beat Saudi at home i think we will qualify but if we lose there is a pretty big possibility we might be fighting for third with North Korea. And having to go to North Korea and get a win isnt as easy as it sounds but im confident we could do it.

highflyerreborn
02-18-2009, 12:16 AM
This year I just don't see Saudi's recovering - there really need a miracle at this point -

They just got some shitty coach -

Fahd
02-18-2009, 01:26 AM
This year I just don't see Saudi's recovering - there really need a miracle at this point -

They just got some shitty coach -

We have to wait and see after the our next game with them. This is the pivotal match of the whole group.

highflyerreborn
02-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Iran will put them out of their misery this year -

Its only the humane thing to do - the new coach pissaro what every is not gona change the team

Even they are not preparing anymore all local players are playing club competetions unlike Japan , who played finland to play vs Australia

Really for Asia's sake only the strongest should proceed to world cup and Saudia's MF is a joke

Only chance they have is thru some miracle if North Korea loses next 4 games

Iran is not the same team anymore that they almost beat , DAEI has changed this team into a SOLID unit that came close to beating South Korea

Sherwin
02-20-2009, 09:11 PM
I think North Korea will stumble as the other teams get desperate. If we beat Saudi at home i think we will qualify but if we lose there is a pretty big possibility we might be fighting for third with North Korea. And having to go to North Korea and get a win isnt as easy as it sounds but im confident we could do it.

Well if history is any indicator Saudia Arabia will somehow sneak in as the 3rd and North Korea will stumble. I watched a few of North Korea's games on satellite and let me tell you something, they really improved since four years ago. Their overall speed and passing improved leaps and bounds compared to what it once was. I think that North Korea is good enough to get the 3rd place slot.

f we beat Saudia Arabia it basically shuts down their hopes of being a 1 or a 2 seed, but this time I have a good feeling about the game. #1 at least it's not the first time we are playing against them good thing our first game was @ Saudia Arabia. Now we are playing them home and nothing but a victory is acceptable.

Ahmad18s
02-21-2009, 12:23 AM
Bahrain have Australia and Japan to play away from home and i think they will be a definate losses for them. Qatar are more than capable of getting a point against Australia who they play at home which is an advantage for them albeit a small one. Uzbekistan also get to play Japan in the second leg at home which could equal a point or maybe 3. This is why Bahrain i feel wont get the playoff place because they will lose one of their 2 other games either against Qatar or Uzbekistan aswell and it wont be enough.

I didn't mention Australia because that's a definite loss, maybe a tie if Bahrain does enough grass-rolling. Bahrain doesn't deserve to EVER be in the WC, and they won't be there in 2010.