PDA

View Full Version : USA vs Mexico Concaf WCQ

Sherwin
02-09-2009, 06:25 PM
This is the CONCAF rivaly to end all rivalries for this region. The two powers USA and Mexico will face off on Wednesday and it should be a good game. Since the game is in USA final USA 2 Mexico 1. I look forward to this bgame I have a lot of Mexican friends who talked tons of $hit after the Iran Mex game, so I hope USA beats the snot out of them. Lately USA has been getting the best of Mexico. At first it was like Mexico was the big brother who would always dominate the little brother USA. Now little brother is all grown up and he can more than hold his own against bigger brother. I don't know the official record but I'll bet that since Korea WC 2002 when US beat Mexico in the 2nd round they have a better record.

Fahd
02-10-2009, 06:28 AM
This is the CONCAF rivaly to end all rivalries for this region. The two powers USA and Mexico will face off on Wednesday and it should be a good game. Since the game is in USA final USA 2 Mexico 1. I look forward to this bgame I have a lot of Mexican friends who talked tons of $hit after the Iran Mex game, so I hope USA beats the snot out of them. Lately USA has been getting the best of Mexico. At first it was like Mexico was the big brother who would always dominate the little brother USA. Now little brother is all grown up and he can more than hold his own against bigger brother. I don't know the official record but I'll bet that since Korea WC 2002 when US beat Mexico in the 2nd round they have a better record.

The USA are a far superior team nowadays to Mexico. They are fit, strong and play for the entire 90 minutes every game. In the last world cup they were the best in their group IMO and outplayed Italy all game. It turned the Italians into a frustrated team and caused all those nasty red cards towards the end of the game. They were also far better than Ghana. They had alot of bad luck and some very shady desisions went against them including a clear goal against Italy. I like watching them play as much as the Socceroos and TM. Mexico arent capable of the performances the Americans put out consistantly game after game.

Sherwin
02-10-2009, 04:18 PM
The USA are a far superior team nowadays to Mexico. They are fit, strong and play for the entire 90 minutes every game. In the last world cup they were the best in their group IMO and outplayed Italy all game. It turned the Italians into a frustrated team and caused all those nasty red cards towards the end of the game. They were also far better than Ghana. They had alot of bad luck and some very shady desisions went against them including a clear goal against Italy. I like watching them play as much as the Socceroos and TM. Mexico arent capable of the performances the Americans put out consistantly game after game.

I feel the same way you do. USA was just very unlucky to be in a difficult group. Ghana is just a fad team like Senegal was last world cup. Every year one or two African teams go up to the next round, and then they seem to disapper. My friend was at the USA Italy game he was playing in the German Football League(American football), so he went to the game. I watched that game and USA dominated Italy in my book.

USA is very good because as you said they are very fit and can run for 90 minutes, but you are forgettin the fact that USA can schedule good teams to play against. They scheduled games against Argentina and Sweeden in which they were the victors. In comparason Mexico lost to the same Argentina team something like 4-1 in San Diego last year. USA goes and beats that same Argentina team 1-0. Even in defeat they were respectable I think they lost by one goal margins against England and Spain, I could be wrong I think England was a 2-0 loss, but either way they leran how to play against the best.

What I like about USA's unique style is that they are kind of a blend of European and South American style which is fun to watch. They have guys who can drible defenders but they also know how to pass the ball smoothly and for long distance like the Euros. They also play good defenss, usually have a great collection of goalies, and they even play as fast as the European teams.

I think Mexico has not defeated USA in USA in God knows how many years more than eight. I see a lot of similarities between USA and your team Australia. They both have a nice blend of Euro based players and play an up tempo game.

Mexico likes to hunker down on defense, which they are good at that, and try to just out dirble you like a typical South American team. They are not as good as the USA in organized attacks. They are still a very formidable opponent but USA clearly established themselves as the best team in Concaf region in my book.:cooldude:

If USA has a better group and a better draw in South Africa, they will at least go to the 2nd round mark my words. After that it all depends on how well they execute but don't be surprised to see USA in the elite 8 or even Final four. They almost did it back in Wc2002 but they were just unlucky against Germany. Many people even the Germans said after the game, "USA outplayed us and we were very lucky to win 1-0. They basically won on a lucky counter attack. Some people might say final four or elite 8 is a stretch, but they are capable of beating the best teams in the world when they are on.

Of FYI I think USA vs Australia would be an awesome game hopefully it will happen one day.:beer:

Fahd
02-12-2009, 01:11 AM
I feel the same way you do. USA was just very unlucky to be in a difficult group. Ghana is just a fad team like Senegal was last world cup. Every year one or two African teams go up to the next round, and then they seem to disapper. My friend was at the USA Italy game he was playing in the German Football League(American football), so he went to the game. I watched that game and USA dominated Italy in my book.

USA is very good because as you said they are very fit and can run for 90 minutes, but you are forgettin the fact that USA can schedule good teams to play against. They scheduled games against Argentina and Sweeden in which they were the victors. In comparason Mexico lost to the same Argentina team something like 4-1 in San Diego last year. USA goes and beats that same Argentina team 1-0. Even in defeat they were respectable I think they lost by one goal margins against England and Spain, I could be wrong I think England was a 2-0 loss, but either way they leran how to play against the best.

What I like about USA's unique style is that they are kind of a blend of European and South American style which is fun to watch. They have guys who can drible defenders but they also know how to pass the ball smoothly and for long distance like the Euros. They also play good defenss, usually have a great collection of goalies, and they even play as fast as the European teams.

I think Mexico has not defeated USA in USA in God knows how many years more than eight. I see a lot of similarities between USA and your team Australia. They both have a nice blend of Euro based players and play an up tempo game.

Mexico likes to hunker down on defense, which they are good at that, and try to just out dirble you like a typical South American team. They are not as good as the USA in organized attacks. They are still a very formidable opponent but USA clearly established themselves as the best team in Concaf region in my book.:cooldude:

If USA has a better group and a better draw in South Africa, they will at least go to the 2nd round mark my words. After that it all depends on how well they execute but don't be surprised to see USA in the elite 8 or even Final four. They almost did it back in Wc2002 but they were just unlucky against Germany. Many people even the Germans said after the game, "USA outplayed us and we were very lucky to win 1-0. They basically won on a lucky counter attack. Some people might say final four or elite 8 is a stretch, but they are capable of beating the best teams in the world when they are on.

Of FYI I think USA vs Australia would be an awesome game hopefully it will happen one day.:beer:

2-0 to the USA i dont think it was ever in doubt!

I think the US do all the basic things right. They train HARD and work on the fundamentals and they arent lazy! You never see the bastards walking around and passing for the sake of passing. They are at the opposition and in their face looking to score 100% of the time and dont 'respect' the big name players like other countries do and lay off them and give them time on the ball holding their dicks waiting for something to happen. The USA dont take shit from anyone.

aliirooni
02-12-2009, 01:22 AM
i am fan of mexico soccer because i watch it all day at the store...their league is defiantly superior to MLS and their players are certainly more technical than American players no doubt but as Fahd mentioned this is a 90 minute game which Mexico as a team is not!

Also, Mexicans play too emotionally specially in front of US where as American players play more tactically and with their brain. You can totally see huge mental differences between them. Like right before Marqueez got that redcard (which I think it should be yellow btw), the mexican player screwed up his chance but he stayed down but if he actually got up then he would have had the second chance to score. But out of emotion, he stayed down on the first screw up and totally messed the chance on the second. Then of course it was Marqueez getting all crazy crashing to Howard but I really doubt that was on purpose and I am not sure if the got the redcard because of that or something else!

Anyway the point I was trying to make was that Mexicans kinda remind of our own team mellie players. Good individually and technically, but not so good when they play together for their national team. Their excessive national pride and emotions blinds their judgment and takes away their ability of playing a smart game. Like one of my customers say, you can totally see the difference between a third world country and first world when you watch the two country playing soccer against each other. One plays with emotion and pride, the other one plays with Brain and tactics. And of course the one that plays with Brain and tactic often wins!

Fahd
02-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Like one of my customers say, you can totally see the difference between a third world country and first world when you watch the two country playing soccer against each other. One plays with emotion and pride, the other one plays with Brain and tactics. And of course the one that plays with Brain and tactic often wins!

Poorer countries dont operate as meritocracies thats why they are poorer countries to begin with and thats why they dont reach their potentials. This is why we have stagnated aswell while others who arent really footballing nations like the US and Australia are forever improving. While we give coaching roles to people who have zero merit in coaching but are passionate fans (yes Daei is a fan not a coach) others are employing people worth their merit and who offer something substantial for their position and their salaries. My mother was a fan of my under 8's football team as a kid but there would be no way in hell she would have been allowed to run the administration of the local club or coach us as youngsters. And i love my mum but thats the truth, she would have developed a team of under achievers while probably bankrupting the treasury because she aint no accountant either.

And i would have been captain and i sucked at football :D

Sherwin
02-13-2009, 03:30 PM
2-0 to the USA i dont think it was ever in doubt!

I think the US do all the basic things right. They train HARD and work on the fundamentals and they arent lazy! You never see the bastards walking around and passing for the sake of passing. They are at the opposition and in their face looking to score 100% of the time and dont 'respect' the big name players like other countries do and lay off them and give them time on the ball holding their dicks waiting for something to happen. The USA dont take shit from anyone.

I wish our players had the ame mentality as the Americans. Our players might even have more talent individually but they are a bunch of prima donnas. Look at Javad Nekounam basically pointing at himself saying "I'm the man" after scoring a goal. If Landon Donovan or Demarcus Beasley tried that crap their *** would be kicked off the team. USA does not care if you are C Ronaldo or some scrub from Guatemala no mercy is their mentality.

Aliirooni jan I thought Marquez deserved a red no question about it. When you lead with your spiked cleates that is INTENT TO INJURE SOMEONE. Marquez is a good player but he lets his emotions get the best of him and that deserved a red card. Mexicans play with emotions they are not cool and collective like the Americans.

Also the rich/poor country debate is not a 100% science. For example Portugal is very poor and they thrived last WC. Canada, Qatar, and Kuwait are all rich but they failed to qualify. Senegal in wc02 was poor and they made it to the elite 8. Being a rich nation certainly helps your cause you can scheduling agaisnt good teams, and paying for good coaching but it's all about attidude, playing smart, and work ethic. USA has all three Mexico only has the work ethic part.

aliirooni
02-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Also the rich/poor country debate is not a 100% science. For example Portugal is very poor and they thrived last WC. Canada, Qatar, and Kuwait are all rich but they failed to qualify. Senegal in wc02 was poor and they made it to the elite 8. Being a rich nation certainly helps your cause you can scheduling agaisnt good teams, and paying for good coaching but it's all about attidude, playing smart, and work ethic. USA has all three Mexico only has the work ethic part.

Portugal is not really considered a third world country because it is in Europe. And Qatar and Kuwait are IMO third world because it is not necessarly the money that makes one in first world, its a bunch of things. As for Canada, they don't have soccer as top priority sport that is not why they don't make it.

It was really the attitude I was refering to not results. I was talking about the Mexican players getting over emotional to the point where it would block their judgment. A good example was Marqueez himself where you mentioned.

Fahd
02-14-2009, 01:53 AM

You obviously have never been to Portugal then. Portugal isnt a poor country by any stretch of the imagination. Qatar is 'population poor' although they have a good GDP. They are also 'socially poor' in that they arent open enough yet to reach their potentials and have a terrible spread of wealth. Kuwait is almost identical in this regard. Senegal as has been proven by their failure to reach even the last round of qualifying this time is a failure in football. They havent got what it takes to improve let alone keep the same level, they have fallen like a stone of a cliff. Being a 'rich' nation is a symptom of a mentality not the cause.

Fahd
02-14-2009, 01:57 AM
Portugal is not really considered a third world country because it is in Europe. And Qatar and Kuwait are IMO third world because it is not necessarly the money that makes one in first world, its a bunch of things.

Absolutely correct.

Sherwin
02-14-2009, 04:23 PM
You obviously have never been to Portugal then. Portugal isnt a poor country by any stretch of the imagination. Qatar is 'population poor' although they have a good GDP. They are also 'socially poor' in that they arent open enough yet to reach their potentials and have a terrible spread of wealth. Kuwait is almost identical in this regard. Senegal as has been proven by their failure to reach even the last round of qualifying this time is a failure in football. They havent got what it takes to improve let alone keep the same level, they have fallen like a stone of a cliff. Being a 'rich' nation is a symptom of a mentality not the cause.
Ok well I've been to western Europe but you are correct I have not been to Portugal, I just always thought that Portugal was a poor country. so thank you Fahd and Allirooni jan.

Back to USA vs Mexico I think we are getting slightly off topic. USA is better than Mexico because they play intelligent football and they don't pass the ball just for the sake of passing the ball. They have a unique style which is a hybrid of a South American and European style. USA has enough speedy players like Demarcus Beasley, Altidore etc to have one of their defensive backs to give a long ball, and our guys can get it. They also have the dribling capability if they are playing a South American team to adapt to that style. They also have enough players who play football in Europe and they constantly go to Europe or European teams would love to come to US.

I am also very impressed with the knowledge of some American soccer fans. A few of my buddies know about Hashemian, Madavakia, Nekounam, and Ando because those players play in Europe, so they know exactly who they are. They might not know who in the hell Kabei or Arash Borhani is because Kabei doesn't play in Europe.

I'll make a prediction right here about USA's world cup in South Africa. If they are not put in a group of death like in Germany, USA will have no problems advancing at least to the 2nd round, and perhaps beyond just depending on who they meet in the round of 16. They also have enough talent to make a final four run as proven when they beat Argentina 1-0, one day after Argentina beat Mexico 4-1 in San Diego. I like the way new head coach Bob Bradley is handling the team. He got criticized for putting his son on the team I think his name is Michael Bradley, but guess what he scored the two goals agaisnt Mex.

I have plenty of Mexican friends who tell me the problems with Mexican football team. They tell me that Mexico's problem is that they over drible too much like a typical South American team, eventhough they are not in South America technically Mexico is considered North America(USA Candad and Mex are considered North America).

The 2nd problem as we witnessed with Marquez is that my Mexican friends tell me that they play with thier emotions rather than their heads. It's a contract to the Americans who are always calm, cool, and collective. They also point out that this is cultural and American culture is much more different than Mexican culture. For example in Mexican culture there is a great deal of respect for the higherarchy like it is in Iran. If you work in Mexico your boss is basically looked at as the man who provides for your family. Mexico is much like Iran in the fact that the woman really just stays at home and is a house mom, but Mexico is worse than Iran because in Mexico women are not really expected to work. Now in Los Angeles the Mexicans adapt to Americna culture and their women work.

Back to Mexico football. Another problem is that because their league is good and they give out good money most of their players stay in Mexican leagues. This is very new for Mexicnas that their good playrs are in Europe but they don't understand you might get less money at first but you get much better tranining.

Basically those are the differences between USA and Mexico and why USA ends up usually getting the best of Mexico.

Fahd
02-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Ok well I've been to western Europe but you are correct I have not been to Portugal, I just always thought that Portugal was a poor country. so thank you Fahd and Allirooni jan.

Back to USA vs Mexico I think we are getting slightly off topic. USA is better than Mexico because they play intelligent football and they don't pass the ball just for the sake of passing the ball. They have a unique style which is a hybrid of a South American and European style. USA has enough speedy players like Demarcus Beasley, Altidore etc to have one of their defensive backs to give a long ball, and our guys can get it. They also have the dribling capability if they are playing a South American team to adapt to that style. They also have enough players who play football in Europe and they constantly go to Europe or European teams would love to come to US.

I am also very impressed with the knowledge of some American soccer fans. A few of my buddies know about Hashemian, Madavakia, Nekounam, and Ando because those players play in Europe, so they know exactly who they are. They might not know who in the hell Kabei or Arash Borhani is because Kabei doesn't play in Europe.

I'll make a prediction right here about USA's world cup in South Africa. If they are not put in a group of death like in Germany, USA will have no problems advancing at least to the 2nd round, and perhaps beyond just depending on who they meet in the round of 16. They also have enough talent to make a final four run as proven when they beat Argentina 1-0, one day after Argentina beat Mexico 4-1 in San Diego. I like the way new head coach Bob Bradley is handling the team. He got criticized for putting his son on the team I think his name is Michael Bradley, but guess what he scored the two goals agaisnt Mex.

I have plenty of Mexican friends who tell me the problems with Mexican football team. They tell me that Mexico's problem is that they over drible too much like a typical South American team, eventhough they are not in South America technically Mexico is considered North America(USA Candad and Mex are considered North America).

The 2nd problem as we witnessed with Marquez is that my Mexican friends tell me that they play with thier emotions rather than their heads. It's a contract to the Americans who are always calm, cool, and collective. They also point out that this is cultural and American culture is much more different than Mexican culture. For example in Mexican culture there is a great deal of respect for the higherarchy like it is in Iran. If you work in Mexico your boss is basically looked at as the man who provides for your family. Mexico is much like Iran in the fact that the woman really just stays at home and is a house mom, but Mexico is worse than Iran because in Mexico women are not really expected to work. Now in Los Angeles the Mexicans adapt to Americna culture and their women work.

Back to Mexico football. Another problem is that because their league is good and they give out good money most of their players stay in Mexican leagues. This is very new for Mexicnas that their good playrs are in Europe but they don't understand you might get less money at first but you get much better tranining.

Basically those are the differences between USA and Mexico and why USA ends up usually getting the best of Mexico.

Saudi have the same problem in that their players being paid well to stay home actually stunts their players future potentials and costs their national team because they arent playing at their highest possible level. Thats why they get HUGE differences in results when stepping up a notch to first class opposition.

Sherwin
02-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Saudi have the same problem in that their players being paid well to stay home actually stunts their players future potentials and costs their national team because they arent playing at their highest possible level. Thats why they get HUGE differences in results when stepping up a notch to first class opposition.

Yep and also both countries have another problem. The second there is a problem with teh team both countries love to ack the coach and blame all fo the misfortunes on them. It's funny you bring up Saudia Arabia because this time I don't see their tactic working. There is only so much a coach can do and KSA is not even the 3rd best team in our group. I still belive that Iran and South Korea are the best teams and right behind Iran and South Korea is North Korea. Saudia Arabia won't even make the playoffs of WCQ.

The Saudis and Mexicans have a similar problem they pay good money in their home league so players are content with that. After all you are still making good money and millions would kill to have your opportunity, but you will never progress if you don't play in the EPL or La Liga. The Mexican and Saudi league are no where near on par. I know in these stupid rankings they always have the Mexican league in teh top 10 but that's just becasue some clubs win awards against South American competition SO WHAT. I like to see Chivas play agaisnt Man U or Real Madrid. I like to see Al Itihad play against AC Milan.

Mexicans and Saudis both have the same problems in that respect.

Fahd
02-17-2009, 12:02 AM
Yep and also both countries have another problem. The second there is a problem with teh team both countries love to ack the coach and blame all fo the misfortunes on them. It's funny you bring up Saudia Arabia because this time I don't see their tactic working. There is only so much a coach can do and KSA is not even the 3rd best team in our group. I still belive that Iran and South Korea are the best teams and right behind Iran and South Korea is North Korea. Saudia Arabia won't even make the playoffs of WCQ.

The Saudis and Mexicans have a similar problem they pay good money in their home league so players are content with that. After all you are still making good money and millions would kill to have your opportunity, but you will never progress if you don't play in the EPL or La Liga. The Mexican and Saudi league are no where near on par. I know in these stupid rankings they always have the Mexican league in teh top 10 but that's just becasue some clubs win awards against South American competition SO WHAT. I like to see Chivas play agaisnt Man U or Real Madrid. I like to see Al Itihad play against AC Milan.

Mexicans and Saudis both have the same problems in that respect.

Mexicans generally do poorly in Europe anyway and i dont know of any defenders actually ever getting a contract just the odd midfielder and striker here and there. Mexico were rated in the top 8 countries last WC and were top seeds in the group but the reality is they wouldnt be in the top 25 countries in the world. They are consistant but consistantly no where near the top class.