View Full Version : Beckham leaving U.S. league already?

01-28-2009, 07:09 PM
David Beckham has been in the middle of a tug-of-words between the LA Galaxy and AC Milan recently. MLS commissioner Don Garber has expressed a willingness to discuss the Englishman's future with the Italian giants.

Galaxy head coach and general manager Bruce Arena reacted testily and firmly to quotes from AC Milan that it would like to sign Los Angeles' star player, David Beckham, to a permanent deal.

Major League Soccer commissioner Don Garber, however, was more lenient, admitting that MLS would discuss Beckham's future with the Italian club under the right circumstances.

"It depends on what it is they're looking to do," said Garber. "We think David has been an important part of our league and a great ambassador and I hope that he stays in Major League Soccer for an extended period of time. If it's something that makes sense for him and the Galaxy we'll certainly be supportive of that, but it's way too premature to comment."

Beckham is on loan with Milan until March 8, when he is expected back state-side to prepare for the 2009 MLS season. Thus far he has played three games for Milan, scoring one goal.

Reports suggest Milan could pry the 33-year-old England international away from L.A. for as low as $6.4 million, a sum Garber brushed aside out-of-hand.

"That wouldn't be something we would even remotely consider," Garber said. "Jozy Altidore signed for $10 million, so..."

Altidore made the move from the New York Red Bulls to Spanish side Villarreal for that figure last summer, and was MLS's record sale.

Milan has yet to contact Major League Soccer or the L.A. Galaxy about a permanent move.

02-04-2009, 02:41 AM
how his wife says she likes staying there too i blogged (http://www.sefati.net)about that.

Basically she says that Italy is fashion capital of the world...I guess LA and Hollywood didn't accept her ugly face since there are a lot more hotter talented girls here.

02-05-2009, 03:04 PM
More update:

David Beckham Wants Out of America

It looks like David Beckham's attempt to take soccer mainstream in America is all but over. England's famous player, who had signed a $50 Million contract with the LA Galaxy two years ago that was met with worldwide headlines, wants to stay in England to play with AC Milan who currently have him on loan from the Major League Soccer team.

"I have expressed my desire now to stay in Milan and hopefully the clubs can come to some agreement,"

"I have not spoken to the Galaxy, but someone has from my side and it is literally down to them to come to some sort of agreement and hopefully they will."

Most likely, LA would want to rid itself of the enormous contract that he signed as the headlines quickly faded and Americans once again failed to embrace soccer as a major professional sport. Hopefully he his wife Victoria Beckham, aka Posh Spice of Spice Girl fame, takes to the news well. It was rumoured that she was the once who wanted to move America in the first place but maybe she just grew tired of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes company and wanted to head back to England.

02-13-2009, 10:07 PM
David Beckham's transfer to AC Milan was denied as AC Milan didn't come up with the second offer according to LA Galaxy:

02-14-2009, 04:25 PM
David Beckham's transfer to AC Milan was denied as AC Milan didn't come up with the second offer according to LA Galaxy:

Looks like Beckham is comming back to USA but new Galaxy head coach, and former US MNT coach Bruce Arena already said, "it's not about one man one man does not make the team." Bruce Arena is still a well respected coach in the United States for his WC 2002 campaign, he was just unlucky that USA was placed in the group of death in Germany. I guess this is bad news because now we are going to look at Posh Spice and her ugly mug once more.:D

02-17-2009, 08:40 PM
David beckham in one of his interviews with FOX Soccer channel indicated that as long as there are NFL and NBA in US, there will be no room for MLS to grow. That's the reason he wants to stay in Room cause he knows two things if he plays for AC Millan that means a raster in England National Team and also he's palying with the best too.

To be honest, I haven't seen him play this well for a long time, I hope he stays there and not return to MLS.

02-17-2009, 10:03 PM
One of the teams I cheer for is the L.A. Galaxy, but even I have to admit that if Beckham wants to play in the '10 WC, he should stay with AC Milan and get his form back. However, MLS should be heavely compensated for losing Beckham, which spent millions upon millions on advertising and memorabilia on him.

02-18-2009, 12:14 AM
Look on the bright side he will still bang Posh when he is in Los Angeles - in night or she will bang him :p, I don't know who wears the pants in the family