PDA

View Full Version : Amazing news by PFDC

footballdxb
06-20-2007, 09:25 AM
This article was published in PFDC, I thought everyone in Ik will appreciate it:

PFDC - PAMPLONA, CA Osasuna fans voted for Iranian international midfielder Javad Nekounam as the team's best player during the 2006-07 season, the online site of Deportes de Nevarra announced Tuesday.

The Basque club supporters selected the ex-Pas player as their top player of last season.

Nekounam was followed by two other teammates midfielder Raul Garcia, who recently joined Atletico madrid and forward Valdo who signed a contract with Espanyol.

Osasuna finished last season a disappointing 14th place in La Liga.

Un-quoted:

Considering the quality of players like Raul Garcia and Valdo, we must just congratulate Javad for such achievment in his personal career. Well done Javad Nekoonam. WELL DONE!

Hamid_Blue
06-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Un-quoted:

Considering the quality of players like Raul Garcia and Valdo, we must just congratulate Javad for such achievment in his personal career. Well done Javad Nekoonam. WELL DONE!

Thanks for posting ... as good as Javad was, it took moving to Spain for some of our own fans to give him credit.

Congratulations to Javad.

RASTAFARI
06-20-2007, 10:00 PM
I watched total of 11 or 12 games on gol-tv and fox-sports when Javad was participating and he played very solid and did most of the covering/defending/dirty work(covering other people position). Actually I am not suprised at the fan decision as he was the most noticable hard worker for the team. I hope we can see his best in AC and not so much emotional reaction as witnessed in mexico game ?

sepehr
06-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Does anyone know if his team is going to get improved for next season??? It seems like their best player got signed to atletico.

footballdxb
06-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Does anyone know if his team is going to get improved for next season??? It seems like their best player got signed to atletico.

Sepehr jaan, I am not sure but Osasuna (like Bolton) seems to be a Spanish team which is used as an access gate to Spanish League for many un-known players. Most of confirmed players during the season will leave for bigger clubs sooner or later. I also noticed that some older good football players are present in the squad (like Bolton again). The mix of younger un-confirmed talented players and the older experienced players assures Osasuna some kind of stability in mid-table of the Spanish league which place them immediately after the big names (huge budget teams like Real Madrid, Barca, Sevilla, Valencia, Atletico Madrid, Deportivo, Villareal, Zaragosa, etc... ) and I think this fact satisfies fully the club managers for now. Osasuna for becoming a contender in la lega cannot make it by the addition of few players only for one season. IT requires huge investment on long term and definitely some other type of infrastructures in club level.

Even though very successful in UEFA Cup, frankly saying, I do not think they will go for big names this season. They will bet on the chemistry in-between players and the eventual extraordinary results they may get with limited budgets. It is my personal feeling and I might be wrong.

BTW, Javad was discussing his contract with the club and had some issues on his transfer possibilities. Any news guys?

Forza Iran, Dame Javad garm!