6)Saudi Arabia (62)
7)Oman (74)
8)China PR (76)
9)Iraq (84)
10)Qatar (85)

Even though it means nothing... i still care :(

vwiraq
06-14-2007, 03:57 AM
dude who the hell cares about the ranking, its all BS... we will find out soon, whos the best in asia.....good lick iraq/iran

Kaz
06-14-2007, 03:58 AM
These rankings will never make sense to me.

Keano
06-14-2007, 04:26 AM
good lick iraq/iran

It all depends what area that licking involves! :D

EYDADEBIDAD
06-14-2007, 09:22 AM
The true ranking is bigining to show up. We are no longer the 'best' in Asia. Our true place should be in the 50's or low 60's.

Sherwin
06-14-2007, 01:15 PM
What do you expect when you only play one friendly and lose 4-0?

Kaz
06-14-2007, 01:21 PM
What do you expect when you only play one friendly and lose 4-0?

GN has lost 1 game in something like out of 20. You don't drop so many places because of that, especially considering the team that beat us was above us in ranking.

If anything, with GNs record, it would mean we should be up a few places.

It has to do with a difficult formula, even results from 3 years ago pertain to it.

Dr_Buffalo
06-14-2007, 03:15 PM
first of all, 7 places in not MASSIVE! NewZealand dropped something like 27 places.

Iran's drop is mostly due to other teams playing a lot of games (Euro qualification, friendlies, Gold cup)

After the asian games, if we manage to put together some decent games we'll be back within the 30's.

aliirooni
06-14-2007, 03:42 PM
guys fifa ranking is nothing but a statistic formula and they keep changing it!

so dont worry about it as no one really cares about it!

Pouya82
06-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Japan should be #1 in asia since they are the more consistent team.

And despite what Kaz is saying, when Mr.Ivancovic was winning they accused him of POOR football and a looser, GN is doing a far worst job and displaying far worst results and quality. In my opinion with all fairness he should do his thing for AC07 and then step away and let someone else take the job.

Iran does not deserve the second spot in Asia either... We are to bad of a team right now. :iran1: :iran1:

Hopefully we will do better in AC07

EYDADEBIDAD
06-14-2007, 04:37 PM
I agree with you all. However, I wished that IVIC was still with us! Remember him from the 98? Our main problem is not only the fundementals but also FITNESS! That is why we got burned by the fit Mexican. We have this team e meli that looks like an ASHE RESHTE! You can find little bid of everything in it. Some old, some young, some hungry, some not....nothing consistant! You can just call it a 'team' thats all. GN is just a blip on the radar of the Iranian football. He will be forgotten two years down the road like Mayelikohan, Talebi...The Iranian coach that can trully take us to the promiss land is Heshmate Mohajerani. But now he is too old for the job. The only Team melie that could have a chance would be a combination of players that have dual citizenship and are young and playing with European leagues. If they play in Iran with our legionnaires and a great coach, we than have a chance....Otherwise forget about this team!