PDA

View Full Version : How many think Mirza's absense will be a factor?

Babak
06-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Although I like the list of TM players and will support them, I think our Forward line will be weak. I think giving players such as Borhani and Samereh a chance, would have helped Hashemian. But, what went unnoticed, as the list of TM came out, was lack of an experienced goalie in our TM.
Mirza has about 70 caps.
The rest of our goalies have 10-15 caps most. I hope this doesnt come to bite us in the rear.
What do you guys think?

faran
06-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Samereh refused.

Mirzapoor is our best keeper.

Rock
06-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Although I like the list of TM players and will support them, I think our Forward line will be weak. I think giving players such as Borhani and Samereh a chance, would have helped Hashemian. But, what went unnoticed, as the list of TM came out, was lack of an experienced goalie in our TM.
Mirza has about 70 caps.
The rest of our goalies have 10-15 caps most. I hope this doesnt come to bite us in the rear.
What do you guys think?

I agree, and I think we all know that I hardly agree with Babak on anything. BUT, on this one, I was totally surpsied when not seeing Mirza's name on the list. I think it's a mistake to leave out our most experienced goali when it comes to international competitions. Aghaa Babak, finally a good post...what took you so long man! :beer:

arvand
06-09-2007, 08:49 PM
I cant recall Babak's stand regarding Mirza during the world cup but one thing i recall is that almost everybody were against Mirza be the number one!!! How come suddenly everybody is on Mirza's side now? Isnt what everybody were asking? Ddint every body nag Branco 24/7 to replace Mirza with Taleblu??
I myself am a big Mirza fan but I just dont undestand it! Could someone please explain it to me!

Exoma
06-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Mirzapour had gotten injured 8 months ago, with Esteghlal Ahvaz.

He hasn't healed yet. Nor will he in time for the Asia Cup.

Rock
06-09-2007, 09:15 PM
I cant recall Babak's stand regarding Mirza during the world cup but one thing i recall is that almost everybody were against Mirza be the number one!!! How come suddenly everybody is on Mirza's side now? Isnt what everybody were asking? Ddint every body nag Branco 24/7 to replace Mirza with Taleblu??
I myself am a big Mirza fan but I just dont undestand it! Could someone please explain it to me!

Not me. Been a huge Mirza fan ever since the qualifiers against Ireland way back when. Still think he's our best and most experienced goali. Although, anyone know how old he is??

RASHALDO
06-09-2007, 09:52 PM

its cause we are a culture that loves winging; trust me if Mirza was in the squad right now and was the number one, everyone will be: "has Mirza learned kicking the ball yet?" ...... blah blah blah ..........

Hamid_Blue
06-09-2007, 09:58 PM

People complained for different reasons. We all knew that Mirzapoor was our best option but Branco refused to play other goalies. I was against it because it showed no plans to develop a quality backup. We played againt Laous and Mirzapour played 90 minutes. There is a difference. None of these gaolies has international experience.

This is a concern for both coaching staff and fans. Remember GN wanted to sign Mirzapour last year when he was coaching Esteghlal before Mirzapour decided to sign with Ahvaz. It shows the respect GN has for him, having both Rahmati and Taleblu on his roster.

Fahd
06-09-2007, 10:17 PM
We dont the reasons behind his ommision but it cant be a bad thing really. We need to blood another keeper for the future and he had a poor world cup to say the least. Also if i remember quite rightly Ahmedinejad beat him on the near post too ;)

Babak
06-10-2007, 12:11 AM
I agree, and I think we all know that I hardly agree with Babak on anything. BUT, on this one, I was totally surpsied when not seeing Mirza's name on the list. I think it's a mistake to leave out our most experienced goali when it comes to international competitions. Aghaa Babak, finally a good post...what took you so long man! :beer:

Rock,

I think Mirza was left out due to his injured knee. Had he been healthy, I think he would still be picked as our number one goalie.
Unless there is more to this than i know. But, this group of inexperienced goalies worry me.

Babak
06-10-2007, 12:17 AM

Arvand jaan,

I have been around this site for 8 years and everyone knows my stand on many issues. On the Mirzapour issue, here is my opinion.

Is he the best goalie in the history of Iranian football? NO

Is he the best goalie in Iran right now? Yes

does he have shortcomings? Yes

Do we have anyone better than him? NO

He gives us our best chance to win and his absense will hurt us.

faran
06-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Mirzapour is 27 or maybe 28 years old.

footballdxb
06-10-2007, 12:26 AM
Mirzapour has been away from competition for so long. He needs a slow and steady return to competition as we also already know how fragile he could be mentally. IMO, we have to trust Talebloo. He has done a good keeping in Esteghlal goal.

footballdxb
06-10-2007, 12:29 AM
its cause we are a culture that loves winging; trust me if Mirza was in the squad right now and was the number one, everyone will be: "has Mirza learned kicking the ball yet?" ...... blah blah blah ..........
Great Post!

romario187
06-10-2007, 01:20 AM

I don't know about that statement Babak jaan, Petrosian :tooth: has him beat hands down! ;)

I know what you meant, just trying to light up the mood around here.

I think this is a blessing in disguise, anyone who doesn't feel there's competition behind him, will not get better.

I'm glad the other guys (Taleblou) will get some playing time, and with the invaluable experience gained, could challenge Mirza for a spot on TM

shahriar
06-10-2007, 06:57 AM
I don't know about that statement Babak jaan, Petrosian :tooth: has him beat hands down! ;)

I'm glad the other guys (Taleblou) will get some playing time, and with the invaluable experience gained, could challenge Mirza for a spot on TM

Diden't Mirzapoor score a goal against Petrosian froma goalkick ? LOL !:D

Petrosian is a good goalie but not team melli standard ,he is too short for a goalie ,and he is from Armenia anyway .

I hope to see Mirza back soon , I think this break from football will actualy help him find himself and evaluate himself ,he will be back stronger and more mature but right now Talebloo is the best avaiable and I hope he does well .

iranystill
06-10-2007, 05:10 PM

If I am Mirza I would not play. I would not listen to these not adequate enough intellectual fans. (hey I being nice)

Hamid_Blue
06-10-2007, 05:30 PM
On the same note, I want Japan to bring this goalie ... Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YZCEGNX5ZQ).

omeedeemo
06-10-2007, 05:47 PM
On the same note, I want Japan to bring this goalie ... Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YZCEGNX5ZQ).

omg... :kookoo:

Kaz
06-10-2007, 06:12 PM
As good of a shot-stopper Mirza is, he makes TOO many blunders. Not only wasn't he one of the best keepers the season before last, he has been too inconsistent for TM as well.

This is a blessing in disguise. Whilst Mirza brings experience, Talebloo brings talent. Talebloo's great penalty-getting will also figure well in a cup tournament.

There are pluses and minuses for both, but it won't be a factor unless Talebloo becomes one of our main reasons for success. Because Mirza certainly wouldn't be.

faran
06-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Kaz I have read your posts in various places and I think you are exceptionally well informed. However, it is my opinion that you make a grave mistake in overestimating the importance of what we see in IPL. Most of us support either Perspolis or Esteghlal and it is good to support a team in our league because it needs support to improve. But it's important to recognize that this is an exceptionally slow and weak league.

Talebloo may be a better penalty stopper, but neither of them was ever going to stop Ronaldo's penalty. Only Mirzapoor would have stopped that shot by Deco. Why do I say this? Because we saw him do it, and we didn't see Talebloo do it. Seeing one of them play in the IPL is not much better than never having seen them play at all. We were lucky that Mirzapoor went and had a great game against World Class opponents (infact it was quite a spectacle of goalkeeping) and now we know that he is a talented shot-stopper. When he is fit, he should be used rather than taking a gamble on Talebloo, imo.

Rock
06-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Rock,

I think Mirza was left out due to his injured knee. Had he been healthy, I think he would still be picked as our number one goalie.
Unless there is more to this than i know. But, this group of inexperienced goalies worry me.

That's too bad. didn't know about the knee injury. Haven't really followed the performance of the new batch of goalies, but from some of the posts it seems like people tend to like these guys and that they are quite skilled. But, having said this, I still would have preferred a healthy Mirza. Oh well.

footballdxb
06-11-2007, 12:36 AM
Kaz I have read your posts in various places and I think you are exceptionally well informed. However, it is my opinion that you make a grave mistake in overestimating the importance of what we see in IPL. Most of us support either Perspolis or Esteghlal and it is good to support a team in our league because it needs support to improve. But it's important to recognize that this is an exceptionally slow and weak league.

Talebloo may be a better penalty stopper, but neither of them was ever going to stop Ronaldo's penalty. Only Mirzapoor would have stopped that shot by Deco. Why do I say this? Because we saw him do it, and we didn't see Talebloo do it. Seeing one of them play in the IPL is not much better than never having seen them play at all. We were lucky that Mirzapoor went and had a great game against World Class opponents (infact it was quite a spectacle of goalkeeping) and now we know that he is a talented shot-stopper. When he is fit, he should be used rather than taking a gamble on Talebloo, imo.

Faran jaan, Mirza if not given the chance, could not prove it to anyone that he was a solid GK specially during the world cup 2006 (because we all remember how miserably he performed even in IPL before the world cup).
The same goes with Talebloo. For now, Mirzapoor has been away from competition for longtime and he will not be ready for the ACN. So lets support our best GK and do not lose our time on injured players. Remembering them is great but debating and comparing a fit and an injured player ...

Lets wish Mirzapoor a fast recovery and return to competition. I really liked your post but I would have finished it like this: When he is fit, we should see which one is performing better in IPL and knowing the lower quality of our league and the false image of quality it may give to us in regard to the performance of many players, lets take the gamble on the better ONE! Saying this, I really think that we have other young GKs who are coming up very well and they will represent also good competition to the above discussed players. Ghorbaanat. ftbldxb

Kaz
06-11-2007, 12:36 AM

Firstly, Faran jan, thank you for your compliment.

But I have to clarify. If two players of the same competition are compared and evaluated in their worth for TM, then it has to be based on that competition - the IPL in our case. There is no other gauge that is accurate enough to judge on. Whether the league is crap or not, it is that way for all players hence it is the only standard.

You don't have to see Talebloo or any keeper save penalties to know they are good, the stats regarding that is there. The same with their overall performance. Talebloo at his age almost broke the shut-out record held by Abedzadeh. In the big games Esteghlal has had this season he has kept Esteghlal in it almost by himself, due to the poor defending.

A hard long range shot is a hard long range shot, no matter who hits it. Talebloo is also a very good shot-stopper, but it is his intelligence in positioning that helps him than his quick reflexes - which is Mirzapour's strength.

For every nice shot Mirzapour does save, he makes whoppers in games like the Mexico WC game or the WCQ game against Iraq. If it were a rare thing, then I'd count it less against him, but Mirzapour can't kick the ball to save his life and at this end of the spectrum it is simply unacceptable. As a package Talebloo is a much better keeper, IMO.

faran
06-11-2007, 01:01 AM
Faran jaan, Mirza if not given the chance, could not prove it to anyone that he was a solid GK specially during the world cup 2006 (because we all remember how miserably he performed even in IPL before the world cup).
The same goes with Talebloo. For now, Mirzapoor has been away from competition for longtime and he will not be ready for the ACN. So lets support our best GK and do not lose our time on injured players. Remembering them is great but debating and comparing a fit and an injured player ...

Lets wish Mirzapoor a fast recovery and return to competition. I really liked your post but I would have finished it like this: When he is fit, we should see which one is performing better in IPL and knowing the lower quality of our league and the false image of quality it may give to us in regard to the performance of many players, lets take the gamble on the better ONE! Saying this, I really think that we have other young GKs who are coming up very well and they will represent also good competition to the above discussed players. Ghorbaanat. ftbldxb

Ghorbane shoma! obviously others should be given a chance, but this Asian Cup is extremely important to us so it isn't the time to experiment (I know you aren't suggesting it is).

It is true that if he is doing terrible in the IPL then this should be taken into consideration, not just what he did a year ago, BUT we also have to consider what he has done behind the 3-4 defenders of the National Selection. The reason I think this is that he may not read the game as well as Talebloo, and this concern is much more grave when the defenders a keeper is playing against are of lower quality. Behind better defenders, maybe Mirzapoor might end up being the better one. And we his performance against Portugal truly rivalled Abedzadeh.

Firstly, Faran jan, thank you for your compliment.

But I have to clarify. If two players of the same competition are compared and evaluated in their worth for TM, then it has to be based on that competition - the IPL in our case. There is no other gauge that is accurate enough to judge on. Whether the league is crap or not, it is that way for all players hence it is the only standard.

You don't have to see Talebloo or any keeper save penalties to know they are good, the stats regarding that is there. The same with their overall performance. Talebloo at his age almost broke the shut-out record held by Abedzadeh. In the big games Esteghlal has had this season he has kept Esteghlal in it almost by himself, due to the poor defending.

A hard long range shot is a hard long range shot, no matter who hits it. Talebloo is also a very good shot-stopper, but it is his intelligence in positioning that helps him than his quick reflexes - which is Mirzapour's strength.

For every nice shot Mirzapour does save, he makes whoppers in games like the Mexico WC game or the WCQ game against Iraq. If it were a rare thing, then I'd count it less against him, but Mirzapour can't kick the ball to save his life and at this end of the spectrum it is simply unacceptable. As a package Talebloo is a much better keeper, IMO.

Khahesh mikonam. An important point, however, is that Mirzapoor is young by goalkeeper standards. And the weaknesses you speak of are more likely to be ameliorated with age and experience than those of Talebloo, IMO.

I keep talking about his game against Portugal. obviously, one game is not enough by which to judge a keeper but he exhibited good abilities against Bosnia, Croatia, and South Korea after the World Cup. Since he is young, I am optimistic about what he can become.

Mirzapoor's curse is that he was in the limelight from such a young age, when he was bound to make blunders (especially as an Iranian goalkeeper who had no formal training of European standards, and was even a striker earlier in his career). I believe he was on his way to becoming a fine keeper for us, the best since Abedzadeh.

But I have no idea what this injury has done to him so I am really hoping for the best and that his game hasn't deteriorated severely.

I also hope there is no personal vendetta and that his injury is being used as an excuse to discreetly push him out of the picture, as he was one of those choices Branko was harshly criticised for and thus the new coach might want to exclude. He was, afterall, supposed to be back by now.

I wish that newspapers and sites would investigate his situation to make sure he isn't forgotten.

arvand
06-11-2007, 01:46 AM
why is the clip titled iran!?

arvand
06-11-2007, 01:48 AM
Arvand jaan,

I have been around this site for 8 years and everyone knows my stand on many issues. On the Mirzapour issue, here is my opinion.

Is he the best goalie in the history of Iranian football? NO

does he have shortcomings? Yes

Do we have anyone better than him? NO

He gives us our best chance to win and his absense will hurt us.
But he is ijured and he is not even fully recovered yet. I wish he could make it but he wasnt fit enough for Esteghlal ahvaz finals games either.

arvand
06-11-2007, 01:50 AM
LOL, I have to agree with you! But has he learned to kick the ball yet? :P just kidding, i think he is the best that iran has for now until Abedzadeh's kid grows up and takes his father place.!!!

KABABEE
06-11-2007, 10:34 AM
I don't care who is in the goal, we have to fix the defense first.

You can have Abedzadeh, Oliver Khan, or the best goale in the world and they will look bad with the way our defense has been playing.

Goale is "THE LAST LINE OF DEFENSE", not the "ONLY LINE".

Babak
06-11-2007, 12:52 PM

I know what you meant, just trying to light up the mood around here.

I think this is a blessing in disguise, anyone who doesn't feel there's competition behind him, will not get better.

Romario jaan,

Petrosian is armenian and he cant play for TM. Further, he has beer relagated to back up dutey in Sepahan. If you remember, Housain Savari played against the KSA team.