PDA

View Full Version : "The General" Looks Confident

IRANMAN
06-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Iran's National Team Headcoach, Amir Ghalenoei appeared confident today in his interview with the Iranian News Network.
Nicknamed " The General " , Amir Ghalenoei said that he has told the National Team often referred to as " Team Melli " that for the next 40 days or so, all should be at the service of the National Team like soldiers.
That's the spirit that only an Iranian Headcoach can inject into Team Melli. Ghalenoei went on to say that Iran has now for the first time in it's football history, 3 National Teams.
This is possibly true not only in Iran's Football history but also in the International Football history in general.
Ghalenoei looks confident so will Team Melli. After the 1996 & 2004 heartbreaking semi-final penalty shoot outs that stopped Team Melli from reaching the Asian Cup Final, everything looks set for Iran to claim the Championship of Asia once again and bring back the Asian Cup home.

shahriar
06-09-2007, 10:06 AM
With or without Ghalenoie ,once again we are in a unknown situation and have to rely on our stars like Karimi ,Hashemian ,Kia ,Ando and Javad to perform well .

When these guys hit on the right note there is always a good chance .

Our squad is very strong and no team in AFC would really like to meet us and that is understandable ,Iran football is a strong but mostly unorganised and undiciplined Lions of Asian football !! In the 1970s when our organisation and support was much better we were the undisputed king of Asian football in all age groups !

Our senoir team was unbeaten in Asia from 1970 to 1980 ! 10 years !

but we are always a force to be reckoned with ,even in our bad days .

I am with a view that Iran football team deserves a much more qualified head coach ,both technically and in character ,as soon as I typed that Heshmat Mohajerani's face came right to my mind ! someone like him ,be it Iranian or foriegn ,prefarably Iranian though .

It would be nice if we could have a top foriegn advicer for overlooking the whole age groups of team melli .

but it is time now to once again support the team and hope the best for them ,after the competition we can evaluate everyone of them ,from players to coaching staff .
:6ta: :iran: :iran: :iran: :iran: :iran: :iran:

Exoma
06-09-2007, 10:16 AM
With or without Ghalenoie ,once again we are in a unknown situation and have to rely on our stars like Karimi ,Hashemian ,Kia ,Ando and Javad to perform well .

When these guys hit on the right note there is always a good chance .

Our squad is very strong and no team in AFC would really like to meet us and that is understandable ,Iran football is a strong but mostly unorganised and undiciplined Lions of Asian football !! In the 1970s when our organisation and support was much better we were the undisputed king of Asian football in all age groups !

Our senoir team was unbeaten in Asia from 1970 to 1980 ! 10 years !

but we are always a force to be reckoned with ,even in our bad days .

I am with a view that Iran football team deserves a much more qualified head coach ,both technically and in character ,as soon as I typed that Heshmat Mohajerani's face came right to my mind ! someone like him ,be it Iranian or foriegn ,prefarably Iranian though .

It would be nice if we could have a top foriegn advicer for overlooking the whole age groups of team melli .

but it is time now to once again support the team and hope the best for them ,after the competition we can evaluate everyone of them ,from players to coaching staff .
:6ta: :iran: :iran: :iran: :iran: :iran: :iran:

This is the first time we're relying on Hashemian, Teymourian, and Nekounam. :p :p :p

mehran1848
06-09-2007, 10:23 AM

:

Ghalenoee claims that he seeks and uses Heshmat's advise, but Heshmat in his recent interview says that he has nothing to do with GN's team and his contacts (GN's) was much of the courtesy call, and no technical issues were discussed.

GN's claim seems just a publicity stunt, he is trying to make everybody believe he has the blessing of the legendary Heshmat Mohajerani, and Heshmat is clever enough not to tender his hard earned reputation cheaply to GN.

IRANMAN
06-09-2007, 10:59 AM
This was always a big wish during the past few years to have several Team Mellies. Now Iran has 3, thanks to Amir Ghalenoei.
If Amir Ghalenoei or any other Iranian Headcoach had led Iran in the 2006 World Cup, TM would have gained better results. Alas Branco Ivankovich was not changed just before the start of World Cup 2006 amid all the calls that he should be replaced by an Iranian Headcoach so not only TM failed but also all the publicity that should have been given to an Iranian headcoach were given to a him.
........... and as for the Omids.
If the next Omids want to make it to the 2012 Olympics, making the next Omids must be handed to the Great Servants of Iranian Football such as Mr Gholam Peyrovani, Mr Bahman Furootan, Mr Farshad Piyos, Mr Nader Dastneshan or ...... and with higher pay and bonuses compared to the lofty contracts foreign coaches get. Let's hand the next Omids right today to Mr Gholam Peyrovani, this hardworking playermaker as well as teammaker headcoach who breeds the young Iranian talents every year and whose high reputation of competency and decency is quite unrivaled.

footballdxb
06-10-2007, 10:43 AM

Shahriar jaan, Heshmat Mohajerani ... cannot handle it, believe me! He will be the first one who will co-operate with instructions coming from UP regardless what his knowledge of business and real beliefs! He has been too long subject to the merci of POWERFUL people in football in the Persian Gulf region. He has always gone for politically correct decisions. Moreover, he is very much busy with his new project in Iran (Football School named .... PELE!!!!!)

I certainly think GN should stop his collaboration with IRIFF after the ACN. He somehow took the job and with no plans tried to do a job he does not really know (I mean National Team coaching, no offense!). He should take a break when possible.

I think, we first have to prepare the ground for a new coach. A proper Plan (mid or long term) is a must prior to appointing any coach. Proper infrastructure and budget to support the coach during his tenure is of highest importance as well. Basically, be ready that Iran in 2007 and 2008 will be subject to no drastic changes. After GN, we may see one of the assistant coaches taking over the job during a very low season til the qualification games for WC 2010 start. I bet you by that time Ali Daei will become our only choice as a reliable coach for our team. The reason for this is that, I do not see our football federation capable of forwarding any decent long term proposal/offer (plan) to other professionals/head coaches who in general have to be convinced by the support they get from their principals prior to accepting the job. Ali Daei for sure will take the challange only because of his leader charactere and his attachment to his country. Frankly saying, I will be more than happy to see him leading TM as Head Coach. At least, he will take decisions based on some logics and he will support his choices and accept responsibility for his mistakes. Ghorbaanat. ftbldxb

Hamid_Blue
06-10-2007, 01:02 PM
If the next Omids want to make it to the 2012 Olympics, making the next Omids must be handed to the Great Servants of Iranian Football such as Mr Gholam Peyrovani, Mr Bahman Furootan, Mr Farshad Piyos, Mr Nader Dastneshan or ...... and with higher pay and bonuses compared to the lofty contracts foreign coaches get. Let's hand the next Omids right today to Mr Gholam Peyrovani, this hardworking playermaker as well as teammaker headcoach who breeds the young Iranian talents every year and whose high reputation of competency and decency is quite unrivaled.

I have a lot of respect for Mr. Peyrovani for developing so many talented players. His players seem to be on high octance and play physical/pressing soccer. However, they are not fundemantally sound when it comes to passing, crossing, and shooting. Ali Zadeh, Sattar Zareh, Siavash Akbarpour, Maadanchi, etc ... they all have the same issues. We need a coach who teaches fundemantals. None of these players can play with both legs.

Don't get me wrong, I like Mr. Peyrovani. But he needs alot of support around him. Abulali Changiz and Shahrokh Bayati are couple of good candidates IMO.