PDA

View Full Version : Is he stupid or he think fans are stupid

saravireeka
06-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Isn - امير قلعه نويى سرمربى تيم ملى كشورمان با اشاره به ديدار مقابل مكزيك گفت: متأسفانه تلويزيون ايران نتوانست نيمه اول بازى را نشان دهد. ما در اين نيمه۴ فرصت مسلم گلزنى داشتيم كه نتوانستيم از آن ها استفاده كنيم. گل هايى هم كه خورديم يكى روى ضربه ايستگاهى و ۳ تاى ديگر روى اشتباه فردى بازيكنان رقم خورد. اگر مى توانستيم از۴ موقعيت گلزنيمان استفاده كنيم بازى با نتيجه مساوى به پايان مى رسيد. وى افزود: اين بازى براى خود من تجربه بزرگى بود. چيزهايى كه مى خواستم در اين بازى به دست آوردم. همه ما از اين شكست درس پيروزى گرفتيم.

We all saw the game, I don't know what he is smoking. Let say they had 4 chances, how many Mexico had?

Not only he is uneducated, he is also insult others intelligent.
they want us to support this incompetent coach. Just read his logic, is unbeleivable.
He doesn't undrestand, the "zarbeh Istgahi" is part of any game and he has to have strategy to defend and Individual mistake shows his lack of prepareness and lack of undrestanding the oponents strategy and tactic.
I will tell to his supporter which fortunately are not more than one hand fingures, if this is the guy you are supporting, mobaraketon basheh.

Babak
06-08-2007, 09:58 AM
He is stupid, out dated, wrong and uninformed....

BUT,

The fans that are following him and think TM will do well with this BACHE AKHOOND in charge are even more stupid.

gahreman
06-08-2007, 10:03 AM
i Totally agree with Mr sarvarikia.Mr GN is good for Football sharti in down Town of Tehran where he still lose in there too.
Mr Gn Please Leave TM.We can do better Without you.

Alireza prince
06-08-2007, 11:37 AM
I saw 90 program..why they make players do SINEH ZANI before the game???
I guess so Imam khomeini or Imam hosain come to Rescue in case the see mexico too powerful......and they didn't...
it shows even Imam hosain can't take care of this Team-meli.....loooooooool

arvand
06-08-2007, 11:43 AM
i think both!!!! There is no question on GN! and as long as it goes for 'us' as fans, we are irrational, emotional and most of the times we fail to look at the bright side of anything. We just want to complain and we never learn from the past!! Im sure once GN leaves TM, we will start witting petitions to bring him back :D

reza
06-08-2007, 01:13 PM
He is stupid, out dated, wrong and uninformed....

BUT,

The fans that are following him and think TM will do well with this BACHE AKHOOND in charge are even more stupid.
BINGO And that's exactly why we are in this situation

Sherwin
06-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Isn - ???? ???? ???? ?????? ??? ??? ??????? ?? ????? ?? ????? ????? ????? ???: ???????? ???????? ????? ??????? ???? ??? ???? ?? ???? ???. ?? ?? ??? ????? ???? ???? ????? ?????? ?? ????????? ?? ?? ?? ??????? ????. ?? ???? ?? ?? ?????? ??? ??? ???? ???????? ? ? ??? ???? ??? ?????? ???? ???????? ??? ????. ??? ?? ???????? ??? ?????? ???????? ??????? ???? ???? ?? ????? ????? ?? ????? ?? ????. ?? ?????: ??? ???? ???? ??? ?? ????? ????? ???. ??????? ?? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ???? ?? ??? ?????. ??? ?? ?? ??? ???? ??? ?????? ??????.

We all saw the game, I don't know what he is smoking. Let say they had 4 chances, how many Mexico had?

they want us to support this incompetent coach. Just read his logic, is unbeleivable.
He doesn't undrestand, the "zarbeh Istgahi" is part of any game and he has to have strategy to defend and Individual mistake shows his lack of prepareness and lack of undrestanding the oponents strategy and tactic.
I will tell to his supporter which fortunately are not more than one hand fingures, if this is the guy you are supporting, mobaraketon basheh.
I think he is smoking the ganja personally if he thinks we are going to buy it. I think fans are getting fed up with GN and if he doesn't win the Asian Cup I think the $hit is going to hit the fan. GN is for sure on the hotseat.

Hamid_Blue
06-08-2007, 02:16 PM

It's amazing to me when we hear the same garbage out of Khareji, we ignore it. But when an Iranian does it, we are all ready to hang him high.

How many times did we here comments as retarded as this from Branco? At least we should have developed immunity to it by now.

GN is our coach for AC regardless of what we think about it. Why not support TM? There is plenty of time to bash him afterwards.

Kaz
06-08-2007, 02:20 PM
It's amazing to me when we hear the same garbage out of Khareji, we ignore it. But when an Iranian does it, we are all ready to hang him high.

How many times did we here comments as retarded as this from Branco? At least we should have developed immunity to it by now.

GN is our coach for AC regardless of what we think about it. Why not support TM? There is plenty of time to bash him afterwards.

Amen, GN is anything but Hiddink, but Branko said things like this on a weekly basis.

"Kameli Mofrad is the fastest defender"

"We had a great game" - after losing 3-0 to QPR.

shahriar
06-08-2007, 03:00 PM

Excellent post Hamid jaan .:up:

faran
06-08-2007, 05:36 PM
He has to speak to multitudes of fans from the lower classes in Iran, not to the minority of us who eat at Caspian restaurant in Irvine every week. Guys we don't even live in Iran why do we act like we are the best kind of Iranian?

Not that I don't want to crap on him for the performance against Mexico- specifically for the use of a system that is proving itself ineffective.

KABABEE
06-08-2007, 06:02 PM
There is plenty of time to bash him afterwards.

What are you saying ???????:tooth:

Bash him After what ?????? :D

Not very positive mate. :p

dashali
06-09-2007, 02:27 AM
i Totally agree with Mr sarvarikia.Mr GN is good for Football sharti in down Town of Tehran where he still lose in there too.

loooool
shartie to namazie....sare chelo kabab Forsat
looooool
Tehroonetehhhhhhhhhh

mehran1848
06-09-2007, 06:10 AM
Last Night, in Channel 2 TV program "Varzesh az negahe 2" hosted by 'Jehangir Kowsari" Ghalenooee said that he has to "Increase the team speed" of TM, and "work on defensive structure of TM" and bring down the distance between our defence line and offence line to less then 45 meters.He said he has 32 days to do somthing about these weaknessess, and still believes 4-5-1 and 3-5- 2 are the best choice for TM, but he emphasised that he does not believe in system, and the he bases his team on his player's abilities, not the system/formation.

He was taking an upper hand, and was trying to justify the Mexico game by saying" this proved that I am braved enough to face Mexico, in Mexico without 6-7 of my foreign based players, and I new beforehand that we were going to loose to Mexico", and I am eager to face big teams because we will gain more , and learn winning lessons, by even loosing to the stronger teams"

Kaz
06-09-2007, 06:22 AM
Last Night, in Channel 2 TV program "Varzesh az negahe 2" hosted by 'Jehangir Kowsari" Ghalenooee said that he has to "Increase the team speed" of TM, and "work on defensive structure of TM" and bring down the distance between our defence line and offence line to less then 45 meters.He said he has 32 days to do somthing about these weaknessess, and still believes 4-5-1 and 3-5- 2 are the best choice for TM, but he emphasised that he does not believe in system, and the he bases his team on his player's abilities, not the system/formation.

He was taking an upper hand, and was trying to justify the Mexico game by saying" this proved that I am braved enough to face Mexico, in Mexico without 6-7 of my foreign based players, and I new beforehand that we were going to loose to Mexico", and I am eager to face big teams because we will gain more , and learn winning lessons, by even loosing to the stronger teams"

Wait, he conceded a point? Dashali and Babak will pounce on it now. :rotflmao:

Babak
06-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Wait, he conceded a point? Dashali and Babak will pounce on it now. :rotflmao:

We call it as we see it baby. No Bademjoon Dor-e Gaab....just the way we see it.
TM and GN sucked in Mexico. They were out maned, outcoached and outclassed. Thats the reality of it and the 4-0 A$$ whooping proves it. You see it otherwise, fine...

in less than a month, we will find out who was right and who was wrong. I just hope you have the balls to show your face around here then.

anoush
06-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Amen, GN is anything but Hiddink, but Branko said things like this on a weekly basis.

hahaha my mate used to play for QPR youngers he's in the main squad now, and he was confused that the team and players I used to rant on about didnt turn up - couldnt speak to him for about 6 months lmao

Kaz
06-11-2007, 03:34 PM
We call it as we see it baby. No Bademjoon Dor-e Gaab....just the way we see it.
TM and GN sucked in Mexico. They were out maned, outcoached and outclassed. Thats the reality of it and the 4-0 A$$ whooping proves it. You see it otherwise, fine...

in less than a month, we will find out who was right and who was wrong. I just hope you have the balls to show your face around here then.

Right or wrong about what?

I agree Ghalenoi has some mistakes in his player selection and often in his strategy, but I don't agree that it has to do with his religion.

I agree that Ghalenoi is an inexperienced national head coach, but I don't think it has anything to do with his formal education.

For those reasons and alike I criticise, yet continue to support TM and all of the team. Not bash the players/coach because my favourites aren't in the side.

So excluding those ridiculous inclinations you have, we agree with a lot of aspects. However, whilst I remain realistic and refrain from spreading propaganda based lies, you look to point to me? That's funny. I'll be here regardless if we do well or not because I support TM in it's troubles as well as it's successes.

How about you?

bezashah
06-11-2007, 03:35 PM

I also heard that Mr GN knows how to serve some good tea.

footballdxb
06-12-2007, 04:51 AM
Right or wrong about what?

I agree Ghalenoi has some mistakes in his player selection and often in his strategy, but I don't agree that it has to do with his religion.

I agree that Ghalenoi is an inexperienced national head coach, but I don't think it has anything to do with his formal education.

For those reasons and alike I criticise, yet continue to support TM and all of the team. Not bash the players/coach because my favourites aren't in the side.

So excluding those ridiculous inclinations you have, we agree with a lot of aspects. However, whilst I remain realistic and refrain from spreading propaganda based lies, you look to point to me? That's funny. I'll be here regardless if we do well or not because I support TM in it's troubles as well as it's successes.

How about you?

Kazem jaan, I think we have been left no choice but to support our national team with passion from the day we learnt about football and TM. I am sure we still have a lot to learn and the process will be long and hurting but WE WILL BE THERE SUPPORTING OUR FAVORIT FOOTBALL TEAM OF ALL. I am not ready to give up on them, eventhough supported by a corrupt/disfunctional system and led by a coach who needs a lot of improvement in order to become a proper national team coach.

Therefore, as usual, match time will be THE TIME. AS usual, we will wonder how our team is going to perform. As usual, we will count on our players extraordinary ability to change a hopeless situation to some incredible situation. As usual we will take pride in seeing our favorit players representing our country. As usual, our hearts will be beating till the end of each match with our players.

Winning or losing, we have to build up the future of our football POSITIVELY.
Criticising GN: YES ALWAYS WHEN WE SEE SOMETHING WRONG. He is not ready for this job and he needs to improve. Advising GN: YES regardless our personal preferances and it should be a part of our criticism. Bashing GN: No USE when we are so close to the competition. IT will only weaken the support to our TM and propage an un-desired negative atmosphere.

I am sure everyone will do his best to take the name of Iran to the highest level of all during ACN; it is including us the TM fans! Forza Iran:6ta:

Kaz
06-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Essy jan I agree with you completely.

Unfortunately, some people are more concerned with being right than helping the team. They would rather the team lose so they have a point. I swear, even with Branko in charge, and me disagreeing with him, I'd hope to the high heavens I was proven wrong and we did well in the WC. Now the situation reversed, instead of wishing we did well they are out and about exaggerating everything, not looking at any mitigating factors and propagating hat 'undesired and negative atmosphere' - as you said.

There are a lot of patriots Essy jan, unfortunately, few like yourself.

Babak
06-12-2007, 09:23 AM
I personaly do not like tm not to do well. I will support the kids no matter what. But, when I see clearly that PARTY BAZI and AKHOOND BAZI has creeped all over our team, then i see it my responsibility to speak up. WHat is happening with Samereh and Borhani is nothing short of robbery.

As far as peoples patriotism goes, no one can blame or point fingers.

Kaz
06-12-2007, 09:50 AM
I personaly do not like tm not to do well. I will support the kids no matter what. But, when I see clearly that PARTY BAZI and AKHOOND BAZI has creeped all over our team, then i see it my responsibility to speak up. WHat is happening with Samereh and Borhani is nothing short of robbery.

As far as peoples patriotism goes, no one can blame or point fingers.

Agha Babak, unfortunately, our country is gripped with this parti-bazi and akhoond-bazi as you say. It will be the same even if Hiddink comes and coaches. If you doubt that, then you're being naive.

What is robbery my dear friend? Samereh was ALREADY invited and declined. Full-stop.

Arash Borhani was so bad in the UAE he was sent back. He tallied up 1 goal for his team this season. You want people who deserve to be in the side right? Borhani isn't one of them.

Alibaba
06-12-2007, 10:28 AM
loooool
shartie to namazie....sare chelo kabab Forsat
looooool

Dashali Believe me, he(Mr GN) even lose in Namazi.We probably played with this guy in Mortezavi or forsat or somewhere.
take care everyone
:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: dash Ali

Hamid_Blue
06-12-2007, 10:47 AM
What is robbery my dear friend? Samereh was ALREADY invited and declined. Full-stop.

Samereh had an interview recently about the whole situation. Samereh is being put in a tough spot. He knows GN will not give him PT. He saw it first hand in EsEs for two years.

Regardless of Borhani's performance on the field, he should not be invited based on his act against EsES. It was simply embarassing. We don't need another fiasco like 2004.

Kaz
06-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Samereh had an interview recently about the whole situation. Samereh is being put in a tough spot. He knows GN will not give him PT. He saw it first hand in EsEs for two years.

Regardless of Borhani's performance on the field, he should not be invited based on his act against EsES. It was simply embarassing. We don't need another fiasco like 2004.

I saw that, but it isn't much of a tough spot because he would get time. That he should be sure of. GN has given his invitees time. And even at Esteghlal when GN came Samereh was getting time, he was just being outscored by his partner Reza Enayati.

I agree and acknowledge not all is well there, but to turn down an invite because you think you won't be played is beyond selfish. You don't play in TM for you, you play for your country. He was benched for Daei and didn't seem to mind, and he was playing in Italy then. Now he is playing in the UAE, what is he worried about?

GN came short, he invited Ali and he should have accepted.

Good point on Borhani. You hear the incident with GN and the ref repeated 100 times, and people don't want him purely because of it, yet they keep calling for a player who committed one of - if not the - most shameful acts this year.

Babak
06-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Agha Babak, unfortunately, our country is gripped with this parti-bazi and akhoond-bazi as you say. It will be the same even if Hiddink comes and coaches. If you doubt that, then you're being naive.

Arash Borhani was so bad in the UAE he was sent back. He tallied up 1 goal for his team this season. You want people who deserve to be in the side right? Borhani isn't one of them.

here is the situation with samereh,

About 2 months ago he had an interview. He said that GN has had problems with him from his days in Esteglal (We all knew this).
He said that GN only invites him to TM due to the pressures from outside. And everytime he will cut him before the final roster comes out. Samereh, then said taht he would not come to TM even if he was invited anymore, cause he knows it is just one big fars.

Arash borhani is gifted. He is much more gifted than Enayati or Khatibi or Rajabzadeh will ever be. This is just my football opinion, and I think I have played enough football to be able to give an opinion.
True, he is in a low point of his career. But, I think he is still very very good. He has scored against Croatia, Qatar, Oman etc. This guy can be very good. We are hurting at the forward position in our TM. It is clear that Rajabzadeh isnt the answer.

WHY NOT GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE?

Hamid_Blue
06-12-2007, 02:02 PM

I have no argument that Borhani is gifted. He is fast and you cannot teach that! But are you willing to see another 2004 fiasco? He is showing the signs of immuturity now ... wait until the stage gets bigger and he is under pressure cooker ... unless he improves his attitude, he should not be invited again.

Just my $0.02.

Babak
06-12-2007, 02:05 PM
I have no argument that Borhani is gifted. He is fast and you cannot teach that! But are you willing to see another 2004 fiasco? He is showing the signs of immuturity now ... wait until the stage gets bigger and he is under pressure cooker ... unless he improves his attitude, he should not be invited again.

Just my $0.02.

Hamid jaan,

What 2004 fiasco? Please inform me cause I am lost.

As far as pressure, Borhani has been there and done that. Dont forget, it was borhanis goal in Qatar to put us in a sitution to win the game in the last second and move on to the second stages of WC.
I dont think Borhani will crack under pressure.

Hamid_Blue
06-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Hamid jaan,

What 2004 fiasco? Please inform me cause I am lost.

As far as pressure, Borhani has been there and done that. Dont forget, it was borhanis goal in Qatar to put us in a sitution to win the game in the last second and move on to the second stages of WC.
I dont think Borhani will crack under pressure.

I am talking about Badavi/Rezaei incident. They both were part of national team before and played in hostile environments.

Borhani played agsint EsEs only few weeks ago. He was red carded and he refused to leave the field for 5-6 minutes! Pas GM and others had to come and get him out of the field. It was a really an embarassing scene.

Would like to see that in Asia Cup? Would you take that chance on him? Personally, I would not.

Babak
06-12-2007, 02:44 PM
I am talking about Badavi/Rezaei incident. They both were part of national team before and played in hostile environments.

Borhani played agsint EsEs only few weeks ago. He was red carded and he refused to leave the field for 5-6 minutes! Pas GM and others had to come and get him out of the field. It was a really an embarassing scene.

Would like to see that in Asia Cup? Would you take that chance on him? Personally, I would not.

hamid jaan,

You are telling me that we should leave one of our best forwards behind simply because an incident that happened over 3 years ago may repeat itself. That is kind of far fetched...dont you think?

I mean....if we want to be that paranoid...then lets not take Ali Karimi because he may refuse to go onto the field like the Angola game....lets not take Mobali because he may lose his cool like he did with Ali Daie.....lets not take Roudbarian because he may miss the ball and score a goal against ourselves....lol.

Kaz
06-12-2007, 03:39 PM
here is the situation with samereh,

About 2 months ago he had an interview. He said that GN has had problems with him from his days in Esteglal (We all knew this).
He said that GN only invites him to TM due to the pressures from outside. And everytime he will cut him before the final roster comes out. Samereh, then said taht he would not come to TM even if he was invited anymore, cause he knows it is just one big fars.

Arash borhani is gifted. He is much more gifted than Enayati or Khatibi or Rajabzadeh will ever be. This is just my football opinion, and I think I have played enough football to be able to give an opinion.
True, he is in a low point of his career. But, I think he is still very very good. He has scored against Croatia, Qatar, Oman etc. This guy can be very good. We are hurting at the forward position in our TM. It is clear that Rajabzadeh isnt the answer.

Yes, exactly, I had already read that interview. That is not even near 'good' justification for not coming. If you were going to be benched then the least you should do is JOIN and if you ARE benched THEN complain. As it is, GN swallowed whatever pride he had in regards to Samereh and Samereh declined to show the same spirit.

As a TM fan, I cannot even come close to condoning such behaviour. Every Iranian, from the worst to the best should want to come and play for TM. Whether Samereh would be proven right is irrelevant because he took it upon himself to think for the head coach of the country. If it was this kind of behaviour that caused the rift in the first place then I totally understand GN's position.

Now Samereh is someone who warrants a call-up, but BORHANI? Over who?

We've brought the best we have in the leagues where we have forwards. Khatibi, Enayati, Rajabzadeh and EVEN Kazemian score more than Borhani do. Some 2-3 times as many goals.

Now, you don't give a chance to someone to prove themself in TM when they have scored 1 goal in a season. You give the chance to the guy on form, the guy who scores goals. You don't earn your spot in TM AFTER you're picked, you have to show why you should be picked at all.

Also, some of us seem to have this delusion - sorry if that's rude - that Arash Borhani is the second coming of Henry. Borhani has pace and, on occasion, skill. BUT, Borhani does not pass the ball, Borhani has no vision and his positioning is shocking...add to the fact that it takes him 10 chances to score a solitary goal.

Borhani on his day is fantastic, agreed, but he just is TOO inconsistent and our forwards clearly make up for his absense. We have speed in the presence of Kazemian and Khatibi; skill with Rajabzadeh; positioning and scoring with Enayati. Mind you, he doesn't have all those skills, just the first two. So, why is it such a big deal? IPL and UAE are both some of the worst defensive leagues in the world yet Borhani can't take advantage of them. Once he does, let me know.

Still, let's call this is a difference in opinion, but if some of you are complaining about it, at least figure the above in GN's decision and why he may not invite him. It's not as crazy as some make it out to be.

saravireeka
06-13-2007, 08:53 AM

So with this logic, means we have to accept it, and have to support Haj Agha Ayatollah Akhood GN which he is an incompetent coach and don't have a clue what he is doing. which bring interesting question.
If marfavi with all of the problems and mis-management could lead the leaguge up to week 29, is it fair question to say, he was the main reason ESE won last year. I guess we would not know it until GN pick up another team and see how he is doing.

saravireeka
06-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Essy jan I agree with you completely.

Unfortunately, some people are more concerned with being right than helping the team. They would rather the team lose so they have a point. I swear, even with Branko in charge, and me disagreeing with him, I'd hope to the high heavens I was proven wrong and we did well in the WC. Now the situation reversed, instead of wishing we did well they are out and about exaggerating everything, not looking at any mitigating factors and propagating hat 'undesired and negative atmosphere' - as you said.

There are a lot of patriots Essy jan, unfortunately, few like yourself.
so, disagreeing with an incompetent coah and coaching staff is being labeled as anti TM. I want a successful TM like anyone else and I know we can not achieve it with this staff.
This the way IR did for last 28 years, either you are with me or else. you can go to holy site and "Nazr" millions candels, this will not happen. we have to show up in the field. We have good squad and they deserve the championship but this staff are not capable of doing it.
Am I wish them desaster's? Of course not, this is a worth thing someone can wish.
Am I going to be happy if they win? Of course, gurantee you I will be the first one to congradulate everyone, specially coaching staff.

footballdxb
06-13-2007, 10:15 AM
so, disagreeing with an incompetent coah and coaching staff is being labeled as anti TM. I want a successful TM like anyone else and I know we can not achieve it with this staff.
This the way IR did for last 28 years, either you are with me or else. you can go to holy site and "Nazr" millions candels, this will not happen. we have to show up in the field. We have good squad and they deserve the championship but this staff are not capable of doing it.
Am I wish them desaster's? Of course not, this is a worth thing someone can wish.
Am I going to be happy if they win? Of course, gurantee you I will be the first one to congradulate everyone, specially coaching staff.

saravireeka jaan, with all due respect to you as an older member in this site, I would like to comment as follows:

. Disagreeing with an incompetent coach is not being against TM! Disagreeing on personal level and not giving other feasible solutions is being against TM. 70,000,000 Iranians have rarely the same opinions on the same subject and everyone is an expert when it comes to denouncing the bad organisation when things go wrong. In general, everyone, taking advantage of the bad organistion shuts up! A valid criticism which suggests solutions is the best thing any person/team could get from his/its fans.

. No one in this site, caring for our TM wish a bad sort to them. There is no doubt about it. But it is another typical caracteristic of us to talk so big that it becomes very difficult for us, if necessary, to say: "I was wrong". Take Enayati's famours quote. He destroyed his whole personality in the eyes of TM fans, because he could not even last till the half-time vs. Mexico few days ago.

. Going to a holy site and "Nazr" is a part of our culture. I respect that regardless my personal beliefs. If a player has the habit of wearing always his lucky number, it is not the number which makes the difference, it is the peace of mind when he wears his favorit number which makes the difference. I respect that and it does not make him a fool in my eyes. It is a part of the mental preparation. All above said, the real result and the sort of our team is decided definitely on the pitch without any doubt. On the pitch, our religion is Football and we do our best to succeed.

. I am sure everyone will congratulate our team for their efforts. We have great players and definitely we play in our own class in Asia.

. Doostaan, our TM deserves much better. But as it has been said in so many occasions before, prior to TM, our football deserves much much better. A national team cannot change drastically within a month of intensive work out. This is a fact. The only parameters which should be worked out are the physical and mental preparedness. Tactics and game plans may be exercised but it takes a lot of time and professional players in high level to apply them during matches. Look at S. Korea and the way they work out their plans. It takes about 4 years and a lot of sacrifices and high risks during tournaments, to bring a team to an acceptable level. GN or another coach, for now, we know very well that all we get during the competitions depend on our players GHEIRAT/MENTAL PREPAREDNESS, PHYSICAL PREPAREDNESS and LUCK. Nothing more, nothing less.

Baa ehteraam. ftbldxb

Hamid_Blue
06-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Very well said footballdxb jan.

I have no doubt that both Kaz and Sarvareeka are frustrated because they care for TM with different point of views. If anything, their discussion shows their passion for TM.

Kaz
06-13-2007, 11:34 AM
So with this logic, means we have to accept it, and have to support Haj Agha Ayatollah Akhood GN which he is an incompetent coach and don't have a clue what he is doing. which bring interesting question.
If marfavi with all of the problems and mis-management could lead the leaguge up to week 29, is it fair question to say, he was the main reason ESE won last year. I guess we would not know it until GN pick up another team and see how he is doing.

You're twisting my words. What I meant by the aforementioned state in our country is that GN will not change it and neither will Hiddink. Anyone who becomes the head coach of the Iranian national team will become a tool in this regime, whether they are willing or not. So, to cut the politic and religious crap would be a nice change.

As for Marfavi, if it wasn't for GN building that squad for 3 years, Esteghlal wouldn't have had a championship bone in it's team, nor could it even challenge. The more apt question would be: if Esteghlal had a more capable coach taking charge after GN's successes, would they have been champions?

Kaz
06-13-2007, 11:36 AM

There is something different with disagreeing as opposed to bashing and propagating nonsensical rumours. I was going to type a lengthier reply, but Essy jan has already done it for me.

saravireeka jaan, with all due respect to you as an older member in this site, I would like to comment as follows:

. Disagreeing with an incompetent coach is not being against TM! Disagreeing on personal level and not giving other feasible solutions is being against TM. 70,000,000 Iranians have rarely the same opinions on the same subject and everyone is an expert when it comes to denouncing the bad organisation when things go wrong. In general, everyone, taking advantage of the bad organistion shuts up! A valid criticism which suggests solutions is the best thing any person/team could get from his/its fans.

. No one in this site, caring for our TM wish a bad sort to them. There is no doubt about it. But it is another typical caracteristic of us to talk so big that it becomes very difficult for us, if necessary, to say: "I was wrong". Take Enayati's famours quote. He destroyed his whole personality in the eyes of TM fans, because he could not even last till the half-time vs. Mexico few days ago.

. Going to a holy site and "Nazr" is a part of our culture. I respect that regardless my personal beliefs. If a player has the habit of wearing always his lucky number, it is not the number which makes the difference, it is the peace of mind when he wears his favorit number which makes the difference. I respect that and it does not make him a fool in my eyes. It is a part of the mental preparation. All above said, the real result and the sort of our team is decided definitely on the pitch without any doubt. On the pitch, our religion is Football and we do our best to succeed.

. I am sure everyone will congratulate our team for their efforts. We have great players and definitely we play in our own class in Asia.

. Doostaan, our TM deserves much better. But as it has been said in so many occasions before, prior to TM, our football deserves much much better. A national team cannot change drastically within a month of intensive work out. This is a fact. The only parameters which should be worked out are the physical and mental preparedness. Tactics and game plans may be exercised but it takes a lot of time and professional players in high level to apply them during matches. Look at S. Korea and the way they work out their plans. It takes about 4 years and a lot of sacrifices and high risks during tournaments, to bring a team to an acceptable level. GN or another coach, for now, we know very well that all we get during the competitions depend on our players GHEIRAT/MENTAL PREPAREDNESS, PHYSICAL PREPAREDNESS and LUCK. Nothing more, nothing less.

Baa ehteraam. ftbldxb

saravireeka
06-13-2007, 11:49 AM

Baa ehteraam. ftbldxb

dear ftbldxb,
I have nothing agaist Kaz, I truly respect his opinion, as a matter of fact, he is one of the few that doesn't flip flop. I have disagreement with him on few issues.
Good luck to our TM and all of their supporter.

shahriar
06-13-2007, 12:13 PM
footballdxb ,well said aziz :iran:

footballdxb
06-13-2007, 11:40 PM
dear ftbldxb,
I have nothing agaist Kaz, I truly respect his opinion, as a matter of fact, he is one of the few that doesn't flip flop. I have disagreement with him on few issues.
Good luck to our TM and all of their supporter.

saravireeka jaan, Believe me, I never doubted it! Ghorbaanat and GOOD LUCK TO OUR TM!

Forza Iran

Kaz
06-14-2007, 02:01 AM
I would also like to acknowledge Saravireeka's posting. As heated as we seem to get, I've never heard insults from him because of it. That's class, and I want him to know that I respect him and his opinion too.

:beer:

PersianPlaya408
06-14-2007, 01:33 PM

well said, but Branko got results, Ghalenoyee never did... he disgraced everyone, look at Esteghlal, he didnt turn in a GODD DAMN list of names and they got disqualified.... so professional..

but you are right, Branko did BS alot and talk out of his arse....

PersianPlaya408
06-14-2007, 01:37 PM
interesting thing is, Ghalenoyee is sort of right about "zarbeye Istgahi".... we not only had a problem with those kind of low crosses against Mexico in the world cup... but as far back as 2000 when we played Mexico in Oakland and Pourhaydari was the coach... that guy Luis Hernandez scored 2 goals on zarbeye istgahi if i remember correctly (i should since i was there, but i was like 13)....

anyhow... Ghalenoyee's problem is not the ability to not be able to defend against zarbeye istgahi, its the simple fact that he simply does not have a defense that is suited to modern football... 3-5-2 is just retarded period, im going to work on a editorial about the weakness of 3-5-2 system, and why not too many teams (ESPECIALLY IRAN) cannot and SHOULD NOT use it

shahriar
06-14-2007, 01:46 PM
well said, but Branko got results, Ghalenoyee never did... he disgraced everyone, look at Esteghlal, he didnt turn in a GODD DAMN list of names and they got disqualified.... so professional..

I agree with everything you say but he did get results in Asian qualifiers ...
to be fair we have to give him that .

:thepaas:

Kaz
06-14-2007, 03:12 PM

Actually you're wrong on both accounts. GN has a better result record than Branko did. He only has the loss against Mexico.

GN with Esteghlal, please, another of those tabloid rumours spreading. It's not like GN was responsible for handing in the letter. Even if you wish to entertain that, it makes him a bad admin, not a bad coach.

Kaz
06-14-2007, 03:14 PM
interesting thing is, Ghalenoyee is sort of right about "zarbeye Istgahi".... we not only had a problem with those kind of low crosses against Mexico in the world cup... but as far back as 2000 when we played Mexico in Oakland and Pourhaydari was the coach... that guy Luis Hernandez scored 2 goals on zarbeye istgahi if i remember correctly (i should since i was there, but i was like 13)....

anyhow... Ghalenoyee's problem is not the ability to not be able to defend against zarbeye istgahi, its the simple fact that he simply does not have a defense that is suited to modern football... 3-5-2 is just retarded period, im going to work on a editorial about the weakness of 3-5-2 system, and why not too many teams (ESPECIALLY IRAN) cannot and SHOULD NOT use it

The irony being that Mexico beat us twice with a 3-5-2 system. :)

Argentina and Liverpool are also another side that comes to mind who play 3-5-2 on many occasions - especially Liverpool.

Modern football believes formations to be archaic. Indeed they are. Players have more responsibility these days than just to play the position.

What seems to be overlooked is that Esteghlal under GN had the best defensive record with 3-5-2 and Iran with GN qualified with the best defense in the Asian cup qualifiers with 3-5-2. There is simply little against it Kambiz jan. "3-5-2 is retarded" isn't sound reasoning. GN is simply doing what has made sense for him and has brought him success.

Considering we have the players to play this system and we lack the left-back (even left-midfielder) to use a 4-4-2 it would be really retarded to recoil back to it. Personally, I saw enough of it under Branko.

PersianPlaya408
06-16-2007, 02:50 PM

Argentina and Liverpool are also another side that comes to mind who play 3-5-2 on many occasions - especially Liverpool.

Modern football believes formations to be archaic. Indeed they are. Players have more responsibility these days than just to play the position.

What seems to be overlooked is that Esteghlal under GN had the best defensive record with 3-5-2 and Iran with GN qualified with the best defense in the Asian cup qualifiers with 3-5-2. There is simply little against it Kambiz jan. "3-5-2 is retarded" isn't sound reasoning. GN is simply doing what has made sense for him and has brought him success.

Considering we have the players to play this system and we lack the left-back (even left-midfielder) to use a 4-4-2 it would be really retarded to recoil back to it. Personally, I saw enough of it under Branko.

first of all... no team uses a 3-5-2 these days in any important match.... unless they are playing all-out attacking and they view their opposition as inferior... thats what mexico does when they play us, they figure they dont need 2 central defenders to stop our offense, and they didnt

your examples of Liverpool and Argentina are incorrect... Liverpool in the past years in any IMPORTANT match... has always used a 4-4-2... with Hyppia and Carragher in the back before and this year mostly Carragher and Agger as starting center backs and Finnan as a right back and Riise/Arbeloa/other spanish guy as left backs...

same goes with Argentina, they havent used 3-5-2 in world cup match for like the past 3 cups, maybe they did in france 98, not sure.... but if you look at EVERY match of world cup 2006, Gabriel Heinze and Roberto Ayala were both playing CENTER BACK position (heinze kinda struggled as he prefers to be a winger but they used him in center entire cup), and they had Burdisso as a right back, sometimes someone else, can remember his name, and Sorin as a left back

im not saying the 3-5-2 is a formation that cannot be used... sure you can use it if you have the ability to keep possession in midfield and your midfielders get back on the defensive side of the pitch.... but the key to having a successful 3-5-2 system is with good wingers.... HECK CHIRO BLAZEVICH used a 3-5-2 with... maybe if we had Mahdavikia in his prime and Nikbakht in his prime... those are 2 players that had running ability like marathon runners and would be able to cover the entire pitch on the wing.... but Mahdavikia is in his 30s now... its better to let him concentrate on playmaking and less defensively... and use him a right midfielder with a right back behind him (I think branko was actually smart in using the kaabi-Kia partnership, though Kaabi is not too good defensively...)... Mahdavikia could be a solid RIGHT back in the 4-4-2 system as well as we saw in hamburg matches

im not saying 3-5-2 is anti-football, no its a pretty useful system, but not for our purposes kaz jan....

we need the following formation for our team:

-----GK---

---RB-----RCB-----LCB-----LB

---Mahdavikia----Nekounam----Zandi (or another LM)
----------------Teymourian--------------

-----Karimi----Hashemian----------------

PersianPlaya408
06-16-2007, 02:50 PM

first of all... no team uses a 3-5-2 these days in any important match.... unless they are playing all-out attacking and they view their opposition as inferior... thats what mexico does when they play us, they figure they dont need 2 central defenders to stop our offense, and they didnt

your examples of Liverpool and Argentina are incorrect... Liverpool in the past years in any IMPORTANT match... has always used a 4-4-2... with Hyppia and Carragher in the back before and this year mostly Carragher and Agger as starting center backs and Finnan as a right back and Riise/Arbeloa/other spanish guy as left backs...

same goes with Argentina, they havent used 3-5-2 in world cup match for like the past 3 cups, maybe they did in france 98, not sure.... but if you look at EVERY match of world cup 2006, Gabriel Heinze and Roberto Ayala were both playing CENTER BACK position (heinze kinda struggled as he prefers to be a winger but they used him in center entire cup), and they had Burdisso as a right back, sometimes someone else, can remember his name, and Sorin as a left back

im not saying the 3-5-2 is a formation that cannot be used... sure you can use it if you have the ability to keep possession in midfield and your midfielders get back on the defensive side of the pitch.... but the key to having a successful 3-5-2 system is with good wingers.... HECK CHIRO BLAZEVICH used a 3-5-2 with... maybe if we had Mahdavikia in his prime and Nikbakht in his prime... those are 2 players that had running ability like marathon runners and would be able to cover the entire pitch on the wing.... but Mahdavikia is in his 30s now... its better to let him concentrate on playmaking and less defensively... and use him a right midfielder with a right back behind him (I think branko was actually smart in using the kaabi-Kia partnership, though Kaabi is not too good defensively...)... Mahdavikia could be a solid RIGHT back in the 4-4-2 system as well as we saw in hamburg matches

im not saying 3-5-2 is anti-football, no its a pretty useful system, but not for our purposes kaz jan....

we need the following formation for our team:

-----GK---

---RB-----RCB-----LCB-----LB

---Mahdavikia----Nekounam----Zandi (or another LM)
----------------Teymourian--------------

-----Karimi----Hashemian----------------

i personally hate playing with 2 defensive midfielders, but our strategy and formation can change based on the opposition

Kaz
06-16-2007, 04:18 PM
What does match importance have to do with it? If the formation was so outdated then Liverpool wouldn't have used it when they were missing some midfielders.

And Mexico used the 3-5-2 in the WC against us too, are WC matches unimportant?

Argentina has shifted to it plenty of times, the same goes with Australia. It simply isn't apt to imply it as archaic. When teams need to, they change their formation. That's all there is to it.

4-4-2 has already been tested under Branko and it was shakey at best. We don't have a solid LM or LB. Zandi is not an LM and when he was he always tended to drift in to the centre making our LB even more vulnerable.

As said, we don't have a suitable LB either. Zare has been crap and everyone else tried in the last few years have also been pretty poor. Badavi was the closest thing to a decent one and we know why he's not in the squad anymore.

It just doesn't make sense to play a formation when you do not have the suitable players to fit in those positions. This not only hinders us in one position but two!

As I said before, we are actually stronger defensively now and our record shows it. In the end it's a difference of opinion, but I can see what GN is doing and I am 100% behind it because it has worked and will work.

PersianPlaya408
06-16-2007, 10:02 PM
What does match importance have to do with it? If the formation was so outdated then Liverpool wouldn't have used it when they were missing some midfielders.

And Mexico used the 3-5-2 in the WC against us too, are WC matches unimportant?

Argentina has shifted to it plenty of times, the same goes with Australia. It simply isn't apt to imply it as archaic. When teams need to, they change their formation. That's all there is to it.

4-4-2 has already been tested under Branko and it was shakey at best. We don't have a solid LM or LB. Zandi is not an LM and when he was he always tended to drift in to the centre making our LB even more vulnerable.

As said, we don't have a suitable LB either. Zare has been crap and everyone else tried in the last few years have also been pretty poor. Badavi was the closest thing to a decent one and we know why he's not in the squad anymore.

It just doesn't make sense to play a formation when you do not have the suitable players to fit in those positions. This not only hinders us in one position but two!

As I said before, we are actually stronger defensively now and our record shows it. In the end it's a difference of opinion, but I can see what GN is doing and I am 100% behind it because it has worked and will work.

if you are 100% behind it, thats great.... but the 3-5-2 wont work... Mexico had a 4-4-2 against us, but we lacked to threaten them in the 2nd half so their defenders took turns floating into the midfield, even Marquez was well into our side of the field... and as i said, mexico views us as inferior and didnt need 2 central defenders in their eyes to deal with our forwards, and unfortunately we didnt use it against them well enough

Argentina does not use it... Australia does not use it... and as much as you would love to think that it is used these days, im sorry, ITS NOT... we dont have a good sweeper to use the 3-5-2 system either... im tired arguing this with you frankly, i guess its a matter of preference.... you are right a formation should suit the players.... and WE DO Have a left back, in players like Aghili and Madanchi... not having a left back is not a reason to use a system that leaves our defense vulnerable... we all know our defense is our biggest issue and we cant afford to have 3 people back there... but a formation should suit the players is the exact reason that i think 3-5-2 should definetely not be used for Iran... we have slashing attacking midfield type players such as Kazemian,

Kaz
06-17-2007, 12:15 AM
LOL, I'm not going to keep repeating the same thing again. When Argentina, Australia or Mexico use it...they use it. Whether they use it every game is a different and irrelevant matter. Mexico also had a 3-5-2 against Argentina, do they consider Argentina inferior? Come on dude. And Australia, everytime they were a goal down converted to a 3-5-2.

BTW, Aghili is NOT a Left-back, he is a centre-back. Again, we have no left-back and we have no left-midfield either. There is no point just sticking two players in there and hoping for the best. That would be inane.

footballdxb
06-17-2007, 12:58 AM
if you are 100% behind it, thats great.... but the 3-5-2 wont work... Mexico had a 4-4-2 against us, but we lacked to threaten them in the 2nd half so their defenders took turns floating into the midfield, even Marquez was well into our side of the field... and as i said, mexico views us as inferior and didnt need 2 central defenders in their eyes to deal with our forwards, and unfortunately we didnt use it against them well enough

Argentina does not use it... Australia does not use it... and as much as you would love to think that it is used these days, im sorry, ITS NOT... we dont have a good sweeper to use the 3-5-2 system either... im tired arguing this with you frankly, i guess its a matter of preference.... you are right a formation should suit the players.... and WE DO Have a left back, in players like Aghili and Madanchi... not having a left back is not a reason to use a system that leaves our defense vulnerable... we all know our defense is our biggest issue and we cant afford to have 3 people back there... but a formation should suit the players is the exact reason that i think 3-5-2 should definetely not be used for Iran... we have slashing attacking midfield type players such as Kazemian,

PP jaan, lets have a look at our probable formation and see how we can use our players to the maximum/best of their capacity:

- Mahdavikia: For what I know about him, he is a good right winger
- Ando: Central Midfield defensive player
- Nekoonam: Central Midfield defensive player
- Karimi: Could play central or right position in our midfield or in our forward line
- Hashemian: Pure forward player
- Ka'abi: Fast player who proved being efficient on right side midfield or forward position
- Zandi: Pure left midfield player
- Rezai: Pure central defender
- Kazemian + Mobali + E. Sadeghi + M. Zare : Midfield players
- Hosseini + AH Sadeghi + Aghili + Shakoori: Defense players
+ GKs

IMO, the key players in our formation will be the first 8 players and IMO, for being able to use them all at their right position, we are pushed to use a formation with 3 defenders only!!!!! Of course, we can take Ka'abi or Mahdavikia to play as defenders but do you really believe this is the position they will perform efficiently? Well if yes, I have nothing to add. If no, 3-5-2 (or a variation of it) is the only solution remaining. It is not that I am a fan of 3-5-2, it is the natural way the formation builds up if you use our key players.

In regard to the importance of the match, up to my understanding, teams usually start crucial matches vs. strong teams in a cautious way by observing each other's players exact positioning on the pitch. The 4-4-2 formation gives more secure aspect to the game of the team. IMO, Iran has never succeeded when defending or when starting playing cautiously (specially after scoring one or two goals). That is only because of the root of the street football in our culture of football. IMO, we must play agressive football for also securing our backs and that means we have to gain possession in midfield. I will agree with all other opinions and formations if their usage provides our team a real solution for success. Ghorbaane hamegi. Forza Iran

PersianPlaya408
06-18-2007, 06:42 PM
PP jaan, lets have a look at our probable formation and see how we can use our players to the maximum/best of their capacity:

- Mahdavikia: For what I know about him, he is a good right winger
- Ando: Central Midfield defensive player
- Nekoonam: Central Midfield defensive player
- Karimi: Could play central or right position in our midfield or in our forward line
- Hashemian: Pure forward player
- Ka'abi: Fast player who proved being efficient on right side midfield or forward position
- Zandi: Pure left midfield player
- Rezai: Pure central defender
- Kazemian + Mobali + E. Sadeghi + M. Zare : Midfield players
- Hosseini + AH Sadeghi + Aghili + Shakoori: Defense players
+ GKs

IMO, the key players in our formation will be the first 8 players and IMO, for being able to use them all at their right position, we are pushed to use a formation with 3 defenders only!!!!! Of course, we can take Ka'abi or Mahdavikia to play as defenders but do you really believe this is the position they will perform efficiently? Well if yes, I have nothing to add. If no, 3-5-2 (or a variation of it) is the only solution remaining. It is not that I am a fan of 3-5-2, it is the natural way the formation builds up if you use our key players.

In regard to the importance of the match, up to my understanding, teams usually start crucial matches vs. strong teams in a cautious way by observing each other's players exact positioning on the pitch. The 4-4-2 formation gives more secure aspect to the game of the team. IMO, Iran has never succeeded when defending or when starting playing cautiously (specially after scoring one or two goals). That is only because of the root of the street football in our culture of football. IMO, we must play agressive football for also securing our backs and that means we have to gain possession in midfield. I will agree with all other opinions and formations if their usage provides our team a real solution for success. Ghorbaane hamegi. Forza Iran

the exact reason you give for using a 3-5-2 is the exact reason i think we shouldnt

3-5-2 DOES Not fit our players..

we do not have a player who can be a SOLE center back and run the defense... Rezai is not that player.... we do not have a good sweeper to lead the defense... if Bagheri was in top shape, then it would be different... we need 2 central defenders

having one winger is horrible for offense... do you understand that the 2 wingers whether its Mahdavikia and Madanchi or Mahdavikia and Zandi, whoeveer is on left, that these 2 players will have to basically cover the hwole pitch, they will have to support defense when we are pressured and support attack when we are pressuring, this will exhaust Mahdavikia who is not in his early 20s anymore when he could have probably done this job with no problem.... and it will exhaust and detract from our left wingers offensive contribution

having a right back and a left back is perfect because they stay more dedicated to defensive purposes and push up when they are supporting in offense.... all modern football teams do this and we have to do it too... 3-5-2 is archaic and only used in certain very OFFENSIVE attacking formations in world football, and sorry to say we are not at the level to use a 3-5-2 yet and we cannot put such responsibility on 3 defenders...

footballdxb
06-19-2007, 12:41 AM
the exact reason you give for using a 3-5-2 is the exact reason i think we shouldnt

3-5-2 DOES Not fit our players..

we do not have a player who can be a SOLE center back and run the defense... Rezai is not that player.... we do not have a good sweeper to lead the defense... if Bagheri was in top shape, then it would be different... we need 2 central defenders

having one winger is horrible for offense... do you understand that the 2 wingers whether its Mahdavikia and Madanchi or Mahdavikia and Zandi, whoeveer is on left, that these 2 players will have to basically cover the hwole pitch, they will have to support defense when we are pressured and support attack when we are pressuring, this will exhaust Mahdavikia who is not in his early 20s anymore when he could have probably done this job with no problem.... and it will exhaust and detract from our left wingers offensive contribution

having a right back and a left back is perfect because they stay more dedicated to defensive purposes and push up when they are supporting in offense.... all modern football teams do this and we have to do it too... 3-5-2 is archaic and only used in certain very OFFENSIVE attacking formations in world football, and sorry to say we are not at the level to use a 3-5-2 yet and we cannot put such responsibility on 3 defenders...

PP jaan, in 3-5-2 with type of players like Nekoonam and Ando in midfield we can use our 3 defenders as sweepers, of course one of them will be technically called sweeper the middle one but basically what the defenders on the sides are doing is also to cover the midfield backs. In 3-5-2 the whole idea is to create a bigger number of players (opposition) in Midfield. Call it archaic, but I still think considering the characteristics of our central midfielders and their usual practiced positions it is the most suitable. If you bring the Physical power in the game, it is not about defenders to run more in this system but about our defensive midfielders (Ando & NN) who IMO are fit. BTW, in Iran case, a 3-5-2 could easily be transformed to a 4-4-2 formation if required (take simply Ando back to assist Rezai and make Karimi play a little less advanced in the pitch), without any necessary change of player. In a 3-5-2 formation, we need a very intelligent central defender with charactere capable of co-ordinating with his side defenders and prepare the off-side trap for the adversary forward players who in general have no chance in participating in building up of the match and will try to get advantage of the long balls from midfield. As I said before, the choice of the formation depends fully to the capability and readiness of our key players. In general, a 4-4-2 is proposing a less aggressive game by the whole team and again IMO, Iranians do not know how to conserve the ball. We need to attack the ball and finish the building ups quite quickly.

Have you been watching the U-21 European Championship lately? These teams have great abilities in holding the ball in their camps without necessarily wanting to advance in adversary's side by all mean. You could see players naturally and without having a second of doubt passing the ball 20 m. back to their defenders and start from another side of the pitch for as long as it was taking. In our football, we do not know how to do this. Ball possession periods are very short and in general if we try to build up on longer sequences of the team game, we simply lose the ball stupidly!

Forza Iran

PersianPlaya408
06-19-2007, 03:37 AM
PP jaan, in 3-5-2 with type of players like Nekoonam and Ando in midfield we can use our 3 defenders as sweepers, of course one of them will be technically called sweeper the middle one but basically what the defenders on the sides are doing is also to cover the midfield backs. In 3-5-2 the whole idea is to create a bigger number of players (opposition) in Midfield. Call it archaic, but I still think considering the characteristics of our central midfielders and their usual practiced positions it is the most suitable. If you bring the Physical power in the game, it is not about defenders to run more in this system but about our defensive midfielders (Ando & NN) who IMO are fit. BTW, in Iran case, a 3-5-2 could easily be transformed to a 4-4-2 formation if required (take simply Ando back to assist Rezai and make Karimi play a little less advanced in the pitch), without any necessary change of player. In a 3-5-2 formation, we need a very intelligent central defender with charactere capable of co-ordinating with his side defenders and prepare the off-side trap for the adversary forward players who in general have no chance in participating in building up of the match and will try to get advantage of the long balls from midfield. As I said before, the choice of the formation depends fully to the capability and readiness of our key players. In general, a 4-4-2 is proposing a less aggressive game by the whole team and again IMO, Iranians do not know how to conserve the ball. We need to attack the ball and finish the building ups quite quickly.

Have you been watching the U-21 European Championship lately? These teams have great abilities in holding the ball in their camps without necessarily wanting to advance in adversary's side by all mean. You could see players naturally and without having a second of doubt passing the ball 20 m. back to their defenders and start from another side of the pitch for as long as it was taking. In our football, we do not know how to do this. Ball possession periods are very short and in general if we try to build up on longer sequences of the team game, we simply lose the ball stupidly!

Forza Iran

you do have a point there... i agree with Nekounam and Ando maybe this formation helps our central midfield.... but i think this can be a problem for us.... what do we do with Karimi... put him in the midfield as well... that clogs the midfield in my eyes... or putting Karimi as a forward takes away from his game.... i guess with 3-5-2 i could see us playing the following lineup for our midfield:

----Mahdavikia -----Teymourian------Nekounam-----Zandi (Madanchi)----

-------------------------------Karimi------------------------------

---------------Hashemian-------------Kazemian ----------------

but i'd rather use a 4-4-2 still and use my two wing backs as attacking forces

footballdxb
06-19-2007, 04:45 AM
you do have a point there... i agree with Nekounam and Ando maybe this formation helps our central midfield.... but i think this can be a problem for us.... what do we do with Karimi... put him in the midfield as well... that clogs the midfield in my eyes... or putting Karimi as a forward takes away from his game.... i guess with 3-5-2 i could see us playing the following lineup for our midfield:

----Mahdavikia -----Teymourian------Nekounam-----Zandi (Madanchi)----

-------------------------------Karimi------------------------------

---------------Hashemian-------------Kazemian ----------------

but i'd rather use a 4-4-2 still and use my two wing backs as attacking forces
PP jaan, I am sure you posted your favorit 4-4-2 position line-up previously but could you just re-send it so I could base my next post on "valid basis".
Ghorbaanat. ftbldxb

PersianPlaya408
06-19-2007, 02:03 PM
PP jaan, I am sure you posted your favorit 4-4-2 position line-up previously but could you just re-send it so I could base my next post on "valid basis".
Ghorbaanat. ftbldxb

it depends with 4-4-2, i'd have to see who we'd play as our wing backs.... but personally, if i wanted a good attacking team i would play the following:

---------------------Rahmati-------------------

----Mahdavikia------Hosseini------Rezai----Nikbakht----

------------Teymourian------Nekounam-------Zandi(Madanchi)-------

-------------------------Karimi---------------------

------------Kazemian---------------Hashemian--------------

i would use mahdavikia in right back for his experience and i think he would allow great overlapping with Teymourian and kazemian on that right side

maybe this lineup wont work, but it sure works better for me than the 3-5-2 which puts too much pressure on the central defender... and makes our midfield much more conservative

footballdxb
06-20-2007, 12:43 AM
it depends with 4-4-2, i'd have to see who we'd play as our wing backs.... but personally, if i wanted a good attacking team i would play the following:

---------------------Rahmati-------------------

----Mahdavikia------Hosseini------Rezai----Nikbakht----

------------Teymourian------Nekounam-------Zandi(Madanchi)-------

-------------------------Karimi---------------------

------------Kazemian---------------Hashemian--------------

i would use mahdavikia in right back for his experience and i think he would allow great overlapping with Teymourian and kazemian on that right side

maybe this lineup wont work, but it sure works better for me than the 3-5-2 which puts too much pressure on the central defender... and makes our midfield much more conservative

Thanks PP jaan for having re-sent your formation. Just 3 points:

- Nikbakht is not available ...
- Rahmati and Kazemian are not the best we have in those positions. It is very personal opinion, I admit it, lets not discuss it.
- This formation is in no case could be considered more aggressive than the 3-5-2 formation as you bring and fix Mehdi to play a defender role (in 3-5-2 he gets more freedom by occupying a midfield role) and you count on his big runs and combinations with midfield players for creating occasions. Well, he is definitely capable of that but is he going to do it regularly and put in danger our defensive zone where because of his absence becomes our weaker point on counter attacks? I would never consider a formation with such special instructions if our players are not 100% fit and capable of doing so.

Again, I insist that the choice of the formation must be made up to our availabe players, the record of their particular performance at the assigned position and the formation of our adversary team (adversary team's knowledge). 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 4-5-1 or ... I only wish seeing our players at their right positions so they could perform well and at the same time allowing us to expect or to evaluate them rightly. Ghorbaanat.

Hamid_Blue
06-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Again, I insist that the choice of the formation must be made up to our availabe players, the record of their particular performance at the assigned position and the formation of our adversary team (adversary team's knowledge). 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 4-5-1 or ... I only wish seeing our players at their right positions so they could perform well and at the same time allowing us to expect or to evaluate them rightly. Ghorbaanat.

GN yesterday mentioned he is considering 4-5-1 formation along with customary 3-5-2/3-6-1. The difference between 4-5-1 and 3-5-2 is not 4 defenders. It's 3 inline defenders and 1 stopper (defensive midfielder) in front of them. This is a very defensive formation compared to 3-5-2.

Pouya82
06-20-2007, 01:09 PM

I can not agree with you on that for one second, our dear friend Kaz who has posted just below you was one of the people who HANGED Branco without Branco even needing to give a statement. As much as GN has fans favoring him our khareji coach's had theirs. So I think its fairly subjective to claim that this outrage is only aimed at Iranian coaches and not towards Khareji coaches.

And Kaz jaan, you and other members were here to tell us how Branco was a poor coach and his decisions and comments were false. Or at least that is what I remember from years gone by and the discussions that have gone on here on IK.

There will always be fans who like a coach and fans who disslike, to make a claim that poor little Ghalenoi is singled out and everybody is hating on him when other coaches got away with it is wrong in my opinion. Cause I don't think that is the case, I don't know about the coaches before Branco but I know that Branco got his share of anger and fingers pointed at him by fans during his stay at TM.

I personaly am not a fan of Ghalenoi, I have yet to make a comment about him in regards to his poor coaching but I am of the standpoint that he is our coach now and I will give him a chance to succeed, as I did with Branco before the World Cup when I had stopped liking his style of coaching.

I personaly think he should be our coach for the AC and we should stop the whining until the AC is over to pas our final judgment on him.

If many thought TM won a lot of games souly on the fact that we had individual talented player under Brancos era I personaly think that this statement is much more true now under GN coaching.

Zende baad Iran!!
Omidvaram bachehamoon hamishe Pirouz bashan dar team melli. :beer:

shahriar
06-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Lets not forget that there were people criticising qalenoie before he even started ,like you I am no fan of him but at the time he took over in a critical time that our qaulification was hanging in balance it was our duty to support him or anyone else in his place .

and now with less than a month to asian cup that is the least we can do as fans ,give our 100% and hope for the best .
we have the best players in asia and with a bit of luck and hopefully good support from the coaching staff we can do it .

there is plenty of time afterwards to evaluate qalenoie and players .

:thepaas: :thepaas:

Hamid_Blue
06-20-2007, 02:02 PM
I can not agree with you on that for one second, our dear friend Kaz who has posted just below you was one of the people who HANGED Branco without Branco even needing to give a statement. As much as GN has fans favoring him our khareji coach's had theirs. So I think its fairly subjective to claim that this outrage is only aimed at Iranian coaches and not towards Khareji coaches.

Sure ... you cannot have the entire nation agree on one thing. There are those who did not like Branco. But they were few!

When GN started and before his first game, there was a thread by a well known member counting the days to hang GN if he did not get results. There were many many people agreeing with the guy as well. As Shahriar jan said, no one gives GN a chance. When Branco took over, we were saying he needs time, at least couple of years!!!

You cannot have it both ways. I am refering to those guys that after 5 years of Branco, still think he was God's gift to Iran Football. :wall: It's called Khareji Parast. :D

If GN does not get the result, I would be the first one to complain about it. I am not taking side nor will I ever do, with TM. Now if I put my blue glasses on, everything is fair game :tooth:.

On that note :ESES:

Pouya82
06-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Sure ... you cannot have the entire nation agree on one thing. There are those who did not like Branco. But they were few!

When GN started and before his first game, there was a thread by a well known member counting the days to hang GN if he did not get results. There were many many people agreeing with the guy as well. As Shahriar jan said, no one gives GN a chance. When Branco took over, we were saying he needs time, at least couple of years!!!

You cannot have it both ways. I am refering to those guys that after 5 years of Branco, still think he was God's gift to Iran Football. :wall: It's called Khareji Parast. :D

If GN does not get the result, I would be the first one to complain about it. I am not taking side nor will I ever do, with TM. Now if I put my blue glasses on, everything is fair game :tooth:.

Hamid jaan, you have valid statements in your posts. But you also have to take into consideration the different level and status that did and does exist between a coach such as Branco Ivancovic and Ghalenoi.

Ghalenoi is and was by far not even close to Branco as a coach (merit wise). Thus also maybe the reason for why many were hanging him before even he got appointed. As I said in my previous post... I will not be here trash talking him. I wish the team and our coach the best of luck during the camp and the AC, after that a better judgment of his efforts can be made.

PersianPlaya408
06-22-2007, 07:58 PM

he lost his chance after he said "foghesh jarimamoon mikonan" and he got esteghlal kicked out AFC CL.... that was enough.... and i agree with you hamid-blue that alot of the BS ghalenoyee feeds the media is similar to what Branko used to do after TM had a bad game.... but you are TOTALLY WRONG when you say ghalenoyee was attacked more than Branko... NO freakin way!... maybe on IK and PFDC... but the newspapers in iran are still behind ghalenoyee for the most part, and not a single journalist had good things to say for branko

Kaz
06-23-2007, 01:58 AM

And Kaz jaan, you and other members were here to tell us how Branco was a poor coach and his decisions and comments were false. Or at least that is what I remember from years gone by and the discussions that have gone on here on IK.

There will always be fans who like a coach and fans who disslike, to make a claim that poor little Ghalenoi is singled out and everybody is hating on him when other coaches got away with it is wrong in my opinion. Cause I don't think that is the case, I don't know about the coaches before Branco but I know that Branco got his share of anger and fingers pointed at him by fans during his stay at TM.

I personaly am not a fan of Ghalenoi, I have yet to make a comment about him in regards to his poor coaching but I am of the standpoint that he is our coach now and I will give him a chance to succeed, as I did with Branco before the World Cup when I had stopped liking his style of coaching.

I personaly think he should be our coach for the AC and we should stop the whining until the AC is over to pas our final judgment on him.

If many thought TM won a lot of games souly on the fact that we had individual talented player under Brancos era I personaly think that this statement is much more true now under GN coaching.

Zende baad Iran!!
Omidvaram bachehamoon hamishe Pirouz bashan dar team melli. :beer:

But you're totally wrong on that azizam. In the beginning I WAS a supporter of Branko, I even agreed with Kaiser Amir on MANY things. I happened to join the forums too late for you guys to see that I hadn't a thing against him.

Uptil the AC there wasn't much to complain about really, even if we weren't great, we weren't poor. So I kept on supporting Branko until he gave me reasons not to... and as you've said I've been posting ever since about WHY we needed to get rid of him.

Essentially, it was that Branko became too rigid, made inane decisions with no inkling to change. A certain 11-13 players were always in the side regardless of form or merit. That is when the results simply became 'not good enough' and the way we were headed was something a lot of us predicted and it came true in the WC.

HOWEVER, GN is in the same early boat as Branko, just as you may say he wasn't great, he certainly hasn't been poor. BUT the DIFFERENCE between the two is one that is willing to change and is pragmatic. That he is so bull-headed that he will ignore media and do his thing - to some extent that is a great thing considering how overbearing our media is.

I look at what he did in Esteghlal, throwing out the old, bringing in the new, and making them the best side in every aspect in the league. Whilst he doesn't have the day to day connection with the national team, I was/am hoping he can continue that. Also, he has a strong mentality - Mourinhoesque-like - where he can get that extra 10% from his players because he understands them.

About GN getting a different criticism, it is TOTALLY right. I am not sure it is as much khareji-parast as Hamid says, or just too much self-hate. But GN had more bashing by media/fans, when he hadn't even sat on the bench than Branko did. Branko may have had a few detractors, but nothing near the hate GN has had to face.

Enough of that, I just wanted to show you that I never hanged Branko at all, and in his first 2-3 years I was behind him.

Kaz
06-23-2007, 02:02 AM
he lost his chance after he said "foghesh jarimamoon mikonan" and he got esteghlal kicked out AFC CL.... that was enough.... and i agree with you hamid-blue that alot of the BS ghalenoyee feeds the media is similar to what Branko used to do after TM had a bad game.... but you are TOTALLY WRONG when you say ghalenoyee was attacked more than Branko... NO freakin way!... maybe on IK and PFDC... but the newspapers in iran are still behind ghalenoyee for the most part, and not a single journalist had good things to say for branko

LOL what? In the beginning everyone hated Branko? This is news to me mate. Considering I'm family-friends with some of the journalists in question. Maybe you're referring to Nader and Kaveh being honest, but domestic media were tearing him apart. Branko got the same kind of criticism GN has been getting much later in his tenure.

PersianPlaya408
06-23-2007, 01:33 PM
LOL what? In the beginning everyone hated Branko? This is news to me mate. Considering I'm family-friends with some of the journalists in question. Maybe you're referring to Nader and Kaveh being honest, but domestic media were tearing him apart. Branko got the same kind of criticism GN has been getting much later in his tenure.

if its news to you, open your eyes mate.... come on Kaz jan

every journalist in iran was practically against Branko after the first match of him taking over after Ciro bounced... not because of his performance, but because of agendas in iran and the fact that they were just against him simply because he was not Iranian... and you know this... we may be nice to kharejis in iran at times and hostitality and what not... but when they guy is the head coach of the national team, people tend to look at it a bit different

in that sense i think Ghalenoyee had a big advantage over branko, because he has much less pressure on him and has more support.... he basically has his own mafia in TV, Newspapers, and other places of government, media to help him out, and this is a fact

now Branko's advantage over GHalenoyee was that he is actually a qualified coach

Kaz
06-23-2007, 02:31 PM
LOL, I have a hard time getting over "and it's a fact". Uh, no it isn't. GN doesn't have many friends in the media or even with colleagues. It's quite easy and transparent to see, reading media or even knowing his history. I don't know where you're getting the support from.

All national team head coaches have been scrutinised, but Branko much less than what GN was at the beginning for sure.

And Branko more qualified? How so? He was an assistant coach to Ciro and the only other head coach job almost saw him relegate the team.

PersianPlaya408
06-23-2007, 02:48 PM
LOL, I have a hard time getting over "and it's a fact". Uh, no it isn't. GN doesn't have many friends in the media or even with colleagues. It's quite easy and transparent to see, reading media or even knowing his history. I don't know where you're getting the support from.

All national team head coaches have been scrutinised, but Branko much less than what GN was at the beginning for sure.

And Branko more qualified? How so? He was an assistant coach to Ciro and the only other head coach job almost saw him relegate the team.

if you want to argue that Ghalenoyee is more qualified than branko, great man, i have no discussion with you then, i guess we just have a difference of opinion.... but i just want to point out, that in my eyes, i saw TM playing alot more fresh, modern, and fluid football during the Branko years than anything ive seen under Ghalenoyee.... sure TM had some bad performances under Branko, but when they were on, they sure were on.... even in the world cup, honestly, the teamwork and drive i saw in our players in the FIRST half against MEXICO, and I posted this right after the game.... was ONE OF THE BEST PERFORMANCES ive seen from TM.... sure they played HORRIBLE in the 2nd half and all the other games and basically the conditioning played a part too.... anyhow... i support ghalenoyee because he is our coach and we need to do good... im only criticizing him because i think there are much more qualified people that can do better in his position at this point.... i hope you dont think im just blindly hating or something... actually i really admired what Ghalenoyee did that one season when Mojtaba Jabbari was MVP and Enayati was leading goalscorer... that Esteghlal team was a HELL OF A TEAM.... and although Perspolis did beat them in the derby that year and tied the other one, esteghlal still showed through their consistent performances that they wer ethe best team in iran and fully deserved it.... so by no means am i bashing ghalenoyee just because i dont like him or hes esteghlali or any BS like that

but buddy, i honestly believe that Ghalenoyee has much less pressure on him from media, etc... than Branko had.... at least Ghalenoyee's friends, other players, etc... have his back somewhat, and i have read good things about him in Iranian papers.... Branko would get BASHED after TM played an amazing game bro!.. they would bash him whether we won, lose, or tied... and regardless of how good or how bad our players played.... alot of people in the government and media just couldnt stand seeing a foreigner in that position and succeeding as well... and you know HOW MANY TIMES they threatened to REPLACE HIM BEFORE THE WORLD CUP?!!??!?.... trust me bro.... the most IDIOTIC thing to do would have been to assign a new coach 6 months before world cup.... it was WAY TOO LATE for anything like that... at least Branko had been coaching for somet ime and had learned how to coach our team, become accustomed to a certain strategy and appraoch to the game which the players had somewhat grasped as well, sure you say he did "PARTI_BAZI" and picked a selected few players.... but Ghalenoyee is doing the same thing if not worse...

Kaz
06-23-2007, 03:08 PM
if you want to argue that Ghalenoyee is more qualified than branko, great man, i have no discussion with you then, i guess we just have a difference of opinion.... but i just want to point out, that in my eyes, i saw TM playing alot more fresh, modern, and fluid football during the Branko years than anything ive seen under Ghalenoyee.... sure TM had some bad performances under Branko, but when they were on, they sure were on.... even in the world cup, honestly, the teamwork and drive i saw in our players in the FIRST half against MEXICO, and I posted this right after the game.... was ONE OF THE BEST PERFORMANCES ive seen from TM.... sure they played HORRIBLE in the 2nd half and all the other games and basically the conditioning played a part too.... anyhow... i support ghalenoyee because he is our coach and we need to do good... im only criticizing him because i think there are much more qualified people that can do better in his position at this point.... i hope you dont think im just blindly hating or something... actually i really admired what Ghalenoyee did that one season when Mojtaba Jabbari was MVP and Enayati was leading goalscorer... that Esteghlal team was a HELL OF A TEAM.... and although Perspolis did beat them in the derby that year and tied the other one, esteghlal still showed through their consistent performances that they wer ethe best team in iran and fully deserved it.... so by no means am i bashing ghalenoyee just because i dont like him or hes esteghlali or any BS like that

Firstly, Esteghlal under GN never lost to Persepolis. In fact, not only as a coach did he never lose to Persepolis but neither as a player.

You won't hear me arguing that either Branko or GN are fully qualified coaches to take charge. But to argue that Branko was is a fallacy. At least I can see the reasoning behind GN getting the job - he has paid his dues as a player and a coach, and has gotten his shot at TM.

Rarely did I see TM play decent football under Branko. In fact, it was proclaimed by himself to be 'result-orientated'. I see the first half against Mexico as our players lifting themselves to the occasion and I see the second half, which is coincidently the coach's half, as Branko's true face.

Under GN there have been some few really good games with results not reflecting them, and some really bad games that do not reflect the result (i.e. S.Korea in S.Korea). But one thing is for sure, he plays the younger players without fear - e.g. against Stuttgart and Hamburg - and in those games they showed some promise (actually in the aforementioned games they outclassed their opponents).

but buddy, i honestly believe that Ghalenoyee has much less pressure on him from media, etc... than Branko had.... at least Ghalenoyee's friends, other players, etc... have his back somewhat, and i have read good things about him in Iranian papers.... Branko would get BASHED after TM played an amazing game bro!.. they would bash him whether we won, lose, or tied... and regardless of how good or how bad our players played.... alot of people in the government and media just couldnt stand seeing a foreigner in that position and succeeding as well... and you know HOW MANY TIMES they threatened to REPLACE HIM BEFORE THE WORLD CUP?!!??!?.... trust me bro.... the most IDIOTIC thing to do would have been to assign a new coach 6 months before world cup.... it was WAY TOO LATE for anything like that... at least Branko had been coaching for somet ime and had learned how to coach our team, become accustomed to a certain strategy and appraoch to the game which the players had somewhat grasped as well, sure you say he did "PARTI_BAZI" and picked a selected few players.... but Ghalenoyee is doing the same thing if not worse...

If you believe that it's fine, but it's far from factual. I think the newspapers are the best indicators. You see journalists who haven't even seen his full 120 page plan try to ridicule it bringing in his dietary regime for the players. You see red fans trying to stick bias to him and you see Branko supporters trying to emphasise how weak our domestic coaches are.

I agree that in the end of Branko's tenure he received some exaggerated criticisms and he was put into a hole. But it wasn't like that in the beginning at all. The fact that we kept him for 5 god damn years shows how hospitable we were. GN hadn't even gotten his bench seat warm yet and the media and some of his detractors were readying the noose.

And how is GN 'doing the same thing, if not worse'? He uses a big squad and shuffles the players around - too much some may say. He uses different formations and has even set up a TM B squad. Far from anything Branko ever did.

PersianPlaya408
06-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Firstly, Esteghlal under GN never lost to Persepolis. In fact, not only as a coach did he never lose to Persepolis but neither as a player.

You won't hear me arguing that either Branko or GN are fully qualified coaches to take charge. But to argue that Branko was is a fallacy. At least I can see the reasoning behind GN getting the job - he has paid his dues as a player and a coach, and has gotten his shot at TM.

Rarely did I see TM play decent football under Branko. In fact, it was proclaimed by himself to be 'result-orientated'. I see the first half against Mexico as our players lifting themselves to the occasion and I see the second half, which is coincidently the coach's half, as Branko's true face.

Under GN there have been some few really good games with results not reflecting them, and some really bad games that do not reflect the result (i.e. S.Korea in S.Korea). But one thing is for sure, he plays the younger players without fear - e.g. against Stuttgart and Hamburg - and in those games they showed some promise (actually in the aforementioned games they outclassed their opponents).

If you believe that it's fine, but it's far from factual. I think the newspapers are the best indicators. You see journalists who haven't even seen his full 120 page plan try to ridicule it bringing in his dietary regime for the players. You see red fans trying to stick bias to him and you see Branko supporters trying to emphasise how weak our domestic coaches are.

I agree that in the end of Branko's tenure he received some exaggerated criticisms and he was put into a hole. But it wasn't like that in the beginning at all. The fact that we kept him for 5 god damn years shows how hospitable we were. GN hadn't even gotten his bench seat warm yet and the media and some of his detractors were readying the noose.

And how is GN 'doing the same thing, if not worse'? He uses a big squad and shuffles the players around - too much some may say. He uses different formations and has even set up a TM B squad. Far from anything Branko ever did.

okay kaz jan, i respect your opinion but i just dont see it that way

i think Branko did have the guys playing good football, though he had some communication problems and tactically i think what he told our player to perform was good.... now as far as ghalenoyee never losing to perspolis maybe my memory fails me.... but i remember clearly Perspolis dominating a game against them, perhaps it ended in a tie, but eses was lucky that it did

anyhow... maybe you are right, with the way things are in iran perhaps ghalenoyee's job and popularity is not as secure as i think, but from what i saw, Branko was always under scrutiny for alot of things, and criticized by ghalenoyee and the likes about his lack of friendlies, etc... yet now that ghalenoyee takes over, hes even weaker in some of these areas than branko ever was, so its just a matter of wanting to be in power, and politics of ghalenoyee... personally i hope we do well under him, but i cant say im not worried